PDA

View Full Version : if anyone has time on their hands today...Kimpton from Garston,Liverpool

garstonite
25-01-11, 10:25
good morning....this is for a friend...I was talking to him again yesterday and I have done a little research on his family...... he knows very little of his family....he is 71 now and can`t use a pc...so I have offered to help....
his parents were
Ernest Randolph Kimpton and Julia Fitzsimmons...they married in dec qtr 1929
st Phillip church, West Derby....4 children from 1930 to 1946 ...
Ernest Randolph Kimpton was born 1906
Julia Fitzimmons was born 1911
so....I was 60 yesterday and I am going to Liverpool City Centre for a few pints with my mates today and was wondering if anyone had any time on their hands , could they check the 1911 census and find Ernest and Julias parents.... William John Kimpton and Nellie Butler who married in 1906 West Derby....and any siblings please...I need to check info I have been given....and any further back for Julias parents if possible.....thanks in advance.....I am off to get splodged...lol.....allan:)

Margaret in Burton
25-01-11, 10:27
I'll take a look at the 1911

Margaret in Burton
25-01-11, 10:34
William John aged 26 a Rubber Porter for a crude rubber merchant (although this has been written on Nellie's line)
Nellie aged 25
Ernest aged 4
May aged 3
William aged 7 months

All born Liverpool

Married I think it says 6 years 7 months. 3 children all still living

Living at 39 Gregson St, West Derby

RG14PN22541 RG78PN1325 RD455 SD8 ED28 SN146

Allan if you want the image PM me your email address

Margaret in Burton
25-01-11, 10:40
I think I've found Julia born in 1911. The image is a right mess, crossings out everywhere.

I'll save it and send it to you Allan when I get your email addy.

I've also copied the transcription as an image. I think you'll need it.

kiterunner
25-01-11, 11:09
How will you know whether it's the right Julia, though? It would be a shame to trace the wrong family back.

Margaret in Burton
25-01-11, 11:19
How will you know whether it's the right Julia, though? It would be a shame to trace the wrong family back.

yes Allan does need more info. It is the only one in the area born in 1911 but of course she could have been born after the census was taken.

Merry
25-01-11, 11:19
I think it's a pretty uncommon name, Kate.

Is this her?

Name: Julia Kimpton
Birth Date: 3 Feb 1911
Death Registration Month/Year: Dec 1985
Age at death (estimated): 74
Registration district: Knowsley
Inferred County: Merseyside
Volume: 36
Page: 205

and this?

Name: Julia Fitzsimmons
Year of Registration: 1911
Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
District: West Derby
County: Lancashire
Volume: 8b
Page: 640

Margaret in Burton
25-01-11, 11:21
I think it's a pretty uncommon name, Kate.

Is this her?

Name: Julia Kimpton
Birth Date: 3 Feb 1911
Death Registration Month/Year: Dec 1985
Age at death (estimated): 74
Registration district: Knowsley
Inferred County: Merseyside
Volume: 36
Page: 205

and this?

Name: Julia Fitzsimmons
Year of Registration: 1911
Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
District: West Derby
County: Lancashire
Volume: 8b
Page: 640

Quite possibly

Margaret in Burton
25-01-11, 11:23
She is the only birth reg for Lancashire 1911 +/- a year. I did Jul* Fitzs*

Merry
25-01-11, 11:51
For some reason FMP isn't letting me see that 1911 image, but from the transcript I guess it's not obvious who the parents of Julia are? It says daughter on the transcript, but the head of house and his wife look more likely to be her grandparents to me. I suppose it's most likely she is the child of Edward and Katherine E, but Ann 18 (unm) could also be a contender.

Oh, I guess it states how many children the two married woman have had, so if it says one living for Katherine.....?

kiterunner
25-01-11, 12:39
There is a public tree on ancestry that has Edward and Catherine as Julia's parents, but not much info on it.

Margaret in Burton
25-01-11, 12:53
For some reason FMP isn't letting me see that 1911 image, but from the transcript I guess it's not obvious who the parents of Julia are? It says daughter on the transcript, but the head of house and his wife look more likely to be her grandparents to me. I suppose it's most likely she is the child of Edward and Katherine E, but Ann 18 (unm) could also be a contender.

Oh, I guess it states how many children the two married woman have had, so if it says one living for Katherine.....?

Edward and Katherine have been married 1 year and have 1 child still alive so I would think that they are Julia'a parents. Although it does say daughter for Julia not grandaughter. John and Bridget the parents of Edward have been married 30 years. For him it says 8 children 6 alive 3 dead (someone can't add up). Crossed out then underneath it says for Bridget 9 children (in red pen) 6 alive 3 dead.

I have to go out now but I'll put a cropped image up later

Merry
25-01-11, 14:19
Edward and Katherine have been married 1 year

Marriages Jun 1910
Fitzsimmons Edward W. Derby 8b 705
NELSON Catherine W.Derby 8b 705

John and Bridget the parents of Edward have been married 30 years.

Marriages Mar 1881
DRURY Bridget Liverpool 8b 195
Fitzsimmons John Liverpool 8b 195

From the 1901 and 1911 censuses it looks like Bridget was b in Queenstown (now Cobh) County Cork. She has her mum with her in 1901 though (Julia Drury b 1834 County Kerry) and back in 1881 Julia has her husband with her - Thomas Drury b Ireland abt 1834.

Oooh, Bridget was born at the right time to find her on the IGI:

BRIDGET DRURY
Event(s):
Birth: 20 FEB 1864 0190, Queenstown, Cork, Ireland
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents:
Father: THOMAS DRURY
Mother: JULIA BRIEN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Messages: Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record.

Margaret in Burton
25-01-11, 14:59
See what I mean about it being a mess? It's not too clear. Anyone who wants a copy of the whole thing just pm me if I don't already have your email.

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu326/margharrison/1911Census-RG14-22-6-14-22614_0361_03Fitzsimmons-1.jpg

Margaret in Burton
26-01-11, 10:29
Alan must have had a good birthday drink at the pub yesterday, he hasn't come back to this yet. :D:D:D

garstonite
26-01-11, 13:25
Ha ha...just sobered up and came online....thank you all so much....my friend will be highly delighted...I`ll text him on his phone now ...the parents of Julia is a great find and then Julias Grandparents...and then the birth of Bridget with her parents....absolutely great work girls...once again...thank you very very much.....
allan:):):)

Margaret in Burton
26-01-11, 16:16
Ha ha...just sobered up and came online....thank you all so much....my friend will be highly delighted...I`ll text him on his phone now ...the parents of Julia is a great find and then Julias Grandparents...and then the birth of Bridget with her parents....absolutely great work girls...once again...thank you very very much.....
allan:):):)

Do you want the 1911 census images Allan?

garstonite
27-01-11, 08:55
Hiya Marg,,,thanks for the offer but it`s not my family and it`s a favour for a mate...he will be delighted with what you girls have found.....thanks again to everyone for their help....allan