PDA

View Full Version : Society of Genealogists collection - findmypast

ElizabethHerts
09-01-11, 21:07
As per the Lost Cousins Newsletter, I have noticed that for my marriage searches (parish records) I am now getting hits like this:

Record source: Boyd's 1st Misc Series 1538-1775
Data provider: Society of Genealogists

ElizabethHerts
09-01-11, 21:24
There is an order form for the Society of Genealogists.

I have this entry for OH's ancestor William Lamb of Huntingdon who married Susanna Evans in Tottenham.

This is the record source:

Record source: Vicar-General Marriage Licence Allegations 1694-1850
Data provider: Society of Genealogists

I can order extra information from them concerning this entry.

It would cost £14. :eek:

ElizabethHerts
09-01-11, 21:37
Coo! They have details of a marriage license for OH's Mallatratt ancestor Samuel Mallitrot to Mary Element in St Albans in 1689!

kiterunner
10-01-11, 22:58
Are these the same records that are already on British Origins, anyone know?

ElizabethHerts
11-01-11, 07:44
Yes, KiteRunner, they are:
Lost Cousins Newsletter:

"Findmypast takes over SoG online collection

It has been announced that the Society of Genealogists collection formerly online at Origins are to be offered instead by findmypast. SoG members will, of course, continue to have free access to the collections.

The star is Boyd's Marriage Index, which covers the period from 1538-1840 and includes over 7 million names, but there are many more including burials, marriage licences, and an index of wills. At the time of writing neither the press release nor, as far as I could see, the datasets were on the findmypast site, but they may well be by the time you read this - check here for the latest situation. I understand that some of the records have never been online before.

Findmypast has also added over 150,000 Warwickshire burials to its parish records collection."

kiterunner
11-01-11, 08:23
Oh, right. Thanks, Elizabeth. I've probably searched them a few times before, then!