PDA

View Full Version : Anne Jeffs b abt 1695

garstonite
02-01-11, 13:26
Hiya....I have just checked on the search box....and Anne Jeffs does not appear ..so were did I get her name from ?...on my tree I have
Simon Merrick b 1728 ..christened 28th April 1728
father John Merrick
mother Anne..all on familysearch.......so I have checked on the familysearch site and the marriage is not on there...anyone any ideas how I received the name Anne Jeffs ...could it have been from a Herefordshire Parish record ?...if so where can I find it ?
I don`t like a name on my tree without knowing where I got the info, so it`s unlike me not to put "source of data"....my tree also states she was born Staunton on Wye around 1695...so I must have read her name somewhere...it`s a little frustrating.....?????..allan:o:o:o
added...grandchildren have arrived and are hovering over the computer like 2 little vultures....so it may be a while before I am back online....

kiterunner
02-01-11, 14:49
Just so we know a bit more about it, the Simon Merrick baptism is Norton Canon, Herefordshire. There is also a John Merrick baptised 12 Sep 1725 at Norton Canon with parents John and Anne. But I can't see the marriage at the moment.

kiterunner
02-01-11, 14:54
Have a read through this, Allan; it looks as though her name was actually Ann James:

http://www.familytreeforum.com/showthread.php/50320-IGI-info..another-pair-of-eyes-please/page2

garstonite
02-01-11, 15:13
Thanks very much Kiterunner...that was nearly 2 1/2 years ago...and I never changed it.....HOW embarrassing..at least I can now change it and forget Anne Jeffs....thanx again...problem solved....allan:):o:o
added...just a thought...John and Anne married in Staunton on Wye in 1715...I have John b 1725 Norton Canon....that`s 10 yrs after the marriage...so there has to be more children...back to the drawing board..lol...allan