PDA

View Full Version : Casar Francisze??

samesizedfeet
16-09-09, 19:34
According to the ancestry transcription Mary Ann Linkson married Casar Francisze on 25th Dec 1856.

Casar is a Cordwainer and his father is also called Casar Francisze, an Ostler.

Mary's father is John Linkson a Licensed victualler (he's deceased by 1856, although the marriage cert doesn't say so)

Both are "full Age" and living "Morning Lane"

Witnesses are James Linkson (her brother) and Hannah or Susannah Attfield (really bad signature so could be wrong)

Mary Ann was born 1834 in Holloway, Middlesex (place that's often on census as Islington)

I can't find anything on them after this at all. The bad spellings aren't helping though.

Can anyone save me, please?

WendyPusey
16-09-09, 19:48
It's spelt Francige on the marriage Index.

Can't find them though with either spelling.

samesizedfeet
16-09-09, 19:55
cheers Wendy.

LMA on ancestry is proving to be nothing but trouble :p

Merry
16-09-09, 21:13
I doubt discovering that Susannah Attfield (same signature!) married John Barnard, a soldier, in St Leonards Shoreditch in 1858 is going to be much help! She said she was 21 and father was Joseph Attfield, a gardener.

Now, if they remain neighbours for the next few years.......................

lol

Maybe Casar went abroad after the marriage? (have you read Kite's Von-whatsit thread?)

kiterunner
16-09-09, 22:04
Do you think his first name says Ceesar rather than Casar?

Merry
17-09-09, 05:50
Do you think his first name says Ceesar rather than Casar?

I thought that Kite, but it didn't help!

hthompson0
14-05-10, 00:05
Hello,

In doing some of my family research, I found a name "Mary Ann Linkson Francige" and being such an unusual name I Googled it and found your message. Does it seem to be a match to your individuals.

I have a copy of a New South Wales marriage certificate, from 1879, of a marriage between Samuel Thompson (Bachelor) and Mary Ann Linkson Francige (Widow) at Newcastle, NSW, 29 Sept 1879.

HarrysMum
14-05-10, 01:54
Hello and Welcome.

Zoe is probably sound asleep at the moment, but it looks like a good match. Does the cert you have happen to have Mary's first husband's name?

Finding them in NSW certainly would explain why Mary isn't in UK.

Oooh...I'm off to see if husband no1 died here.

Kit
14-05-10, 06:05
Does the cert say how long Mary had been in the colony?

I can't find any record of them arriving here.

Kit
14-05-10, 06:35
Oooh...I'm off to see if husband no1 died here.

Libby must have got lost. :rolleyes:

I've checked NSW BMD deaths for franisze and francige but can't see anything. I've also checked the NLA online newspapers, again nothing. I also can't see anything on NSW or QLD immigration indexes.

Nothing on VIC or QLD indexes either.

HarrysMum
14-05-10, 06:35
I can't either, Kit. I've tried Qld as well but not Vic.

HarrysMum
14-05-10, 06:36
Libby must have got lost. :rolleyes:

I've checked NSW BMD deaths for franisze and francige but can't see anything. I've also checked the NLA online newspapers, again nothing. I also can't see anything on NSW or QLD immigration indexes.

Smarty pants....lol....I got sidetracked....lol

Kit
14-05-10, 06:50
I know the feeling Libby. More than half my research occurs while I'm looking for something else.

Mary from Italy
14-05-10, 13:05
What information does it give on the marriage cert for Mary Ann's age, birthplace and parents' names?

samesizedfeet
14-05-10, 18:50
Ooooooh. How exciting. Erm, I'm just off out in a bit to go pick up some empty boxes (life is just TOO exciting).

I'll be back in a bit :)

samesizedfeet
14-05-10, 20:05
Hello,

In doing some of my family research, I found a name "Mary Ann Linkson Francige" and being such an unusual name I Googled it and found your message. Does it seem to be a match to your individuals.

I have a copy of a New South Wales marriage certificate, from 1879, of a marriage between Samuel Thompson (Bachelor) and Mary Ann Linkson Francige (Widow) at Newcastle, NSW, 29 Sept 1879.

OKay - back in now.

If you have a relative with the name Linkson then I am 99% certain that we have a connection.

Although I've haven't been able to find out any more about the Linkson/Francige marriage you're information looks promising.

Is there anything else on the marriage certificate you have that could help me confirm?

The Mary Ann Linkson I have lost was the daughter of John Linkson, a licensed victualler (although he had previously been a gardener), He was born about 1794 and died in 1842.

Mary Ann was born in 1834 in Holloway, Middlesex, England and was baptised at St Mary's church in Islington, Middlesex.

her mother was Lydia Bates born about 1792. Lydia remarried to John Noble/Nobel in 1847 (I don't have her death).

if it looks like any of this information matches what you have it would be great to hear back from you. if you're a direct relative I can possibly put you in touch with direct descendants of John and Lydia Linkson

Zoe

kiterunner
14-05-10, 22:33
I see there is a Mary A Thompson death at Granville, NSW, in 1908, parents John and Lydia. Though of course those are all common names.

*crosses fingers*

Mary from Italy
14-05-10, 23:10
I noticed that there are a few Linksons in the Newcastle, NSW area, and some in South Australia.

hthompson0
15-05-10, 00:17
Hello everyone.

The copy I received from the NSW Registry of BMDs does not show the parents' names or birthplace of the couple. I'm not sure yet whether this Samuel Thompson is a direct ancestor of our family.

I've also done a quick search of the index of deaths, the NLA newspaper archives, and also the NSW State Archives and have not found anything to show when both or one of the Francige's arrived in the colony.

I can scan and email the marriage certificate if you send me your email address.

Helen