View Full Version : Mary Joice (?)

Langley Vale Sue
03-12-10, 18:15
My MMFMM

Name - "official" name and what they were known as – Mary Joice

Date and place of birth – abt 1805, Leystock, Hampshire

Names of parents - William & Ann (possibly nee Smith) Joice/Joyce

Date and place of baptism - unknown

Details of each of his or her marriages – 1} to Charles Rowe (listed as Roe) in 1824, Stockbridge, Hampshire (Family Search)
2} to Charles Robinson on 11 December 1850, Stockbridge, Hampshire

Occupation(s) – Ag Lab (1841)

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
1841 – census lists a Mary (35) with Elizabeth (7) & Selina Rowe (5) living at Blandford Row, Stockbridge, Hampshire. Mary is shown as Ag Lab.
This is the only census I have found Mary Rowe on. At least I think it is her as the Elizabeth listed with her is my MMFM. There is another Mary (or Mary Ann) Rowe born about the same time in Stockbridge – but she is my MMMMM, wife of George and, I think, a cousin by marriage of this Mary!
1851 – Little Somborne, Hampshire, with husband Charles Robinson and son Thomas Rowe (7) - transcribed on Ancestry as Rahensan!
1861 – Little Somborne, Hampshire, with husband Charles Robinson & son Thomas Rowe (17)
1871 – not found
1881 – not found

Date, place and cause of death – possible death aged 71 June qtr 1874 Stockbridge. 2c 49

Date and place of burial - unknown

Details of will / administration of their estate – unknown

Memorial inscription - unknown

kiterunner
03-12-10, 19:17
There's a Mary Roe marriage in Stockbridge Dec 1850 to either James Offer or Charles Robinson. The other bride is Eliza Hatcher. There is a James Offer in Stockbridge on the 1851 census with wife Eliza, so Mary Roe probably married Charles Robinson, but I can't find them in 1851 to see if she looks likely to be your Mary or not.

kiterunner
03-12-10, 19:21
Ooh, but I've found them in 1861 and they have a Thomas Rowe age 17 with them, so that might help to establish if it's your Mary or not:
Charles Robinson Head M 70 Shepherd Hants Sutton ??????
Mary Do Wife M 60 Do Longstock
Thomas Rowe Wifes Son Um 17 Ag Lab Do Stockbridge

Sorry, got to go and eat - let me know if you can't find them in 1861.

Langley Vale Sue
03-12-10, 23:31
Thanks Kite.
I have found them in 1861, and also in 1851 transcribed as Rahensan on Ancestry. Not sure if that is my Mary, as a son Thomas is new to me, but then I can't find a death for her husband Charles Rowe. The youngest child I have for Mary is Sarah/Selina born about 1838. I'll have to investigate further.

kiterunner
04-12-10, 12:15
Why didn't I think of Rahensan!

Langley Vale Sue
04-12-10, 13:01
:D
I only found them by looking up Thomas which I wouldn't have done without your help.

Looking at the image it does actually look like Rahensan! :)
Still don't know if it is my Mary though :(