View Full Version : Edward Hart

Sabrina
30-11-10, 17:10
OHs FFMFF has only recently been discovered, so this is what I know at present:

Name: Edward Hart [Senior]
Place of Birth/Baptism: Unknown
Died: before Mar 1838

Know he had at least three sons:

Edward born 1800 Penkridge, Staffs. Keeper at Lunatic Asylum, Gloucester<< OHs Ancestor
Charles born 1803 – emigrated to Canada
Thomas born 1808 Huntingdon, Staffs [Huntingdon is approx 24 miles from Penkridge] – emigrated to Canada

Possibly another son:
John Hart, who was a witness at the wedding of OHs Ancestor in 1827 and also a Keeper at Lunatic Asylum in Gloucester. Cannot find any trace of him after 1828, when he and wife Mary Ann, had a child baptised in Gloucester.

Possible baptisms of children:

31 Aug 1797 Edward Hart s/o Edward & Sarah, at Haughton, Staffs [about 6 miles from where Edward said he was born]
10 Jan 1802 Charles Hart, s/o Edward and Sarah, born Dec 1801, at Penkridge, Staffs

It would be good to find the baptisms of Thomas, and possibly John, to same parents.

Therefore, a likely marriage 5 Oct 1796: Edward Hart, widr to Sarah Hadderton, spin at Haughton, Staffs. [source: Ancestry extracted Parish Records]

kiterunner
30-11-10, 17:26
On the pilot site there's a Thos Hart baptism 21 Jan 1805 at Cannock, parents Edwd and Sarah, which is near Huntington according to Google maps.

Sabrina
30-11-10, 17:45
Ooh that looks promising Kite. Thank you. :) Does the pilot site allow you to look at batches do you know, to see if they had any other children baptised?

kiterunner
30-11-10, 17:51
I don't think so, but it's on the old FamilySearch site too, on the IGI, so you could look at the batch on there anyway.

Sabrina
30-11-10, 17:56
There was a Mary Hart baptised 3 Mar 1799 at Cannock, parents Edward and Sarah. Her birth would fit in between the boys. Pity there isn't a John that I can see as yet!

Margaret in Burton
30-11-10, 18:03
Ooh that looks promising Kite. Thank you. :) Does the pilot site allow you to look at batches do you know, to see if they had any other children baptised?

I don't think so, but it's on the old FamilySearch site too, on the IGI, so you could look at the batch on there anyway.

Not batches as such but using the advanced search you could put parents names in and see what comes up.

Sabrina
30-11-10, 18:14
using the advanced search you could put parents names in and see what comes up

Thanks Marg. I tried that and it came up with an Edward and Sarah Hart having a daughter Sarah baptised 12 Nov 1797 at Willenhall, Stafford and a Mary Hart baptised 28 Dec 1800 at Wolverhampton. Of course you cannot tell whether they are all the same couple or not!

It bothers me that there seem to be rather a lot of Harts living in that area, so I think it might be tricky trying to sort them all out.