PDA

View Full Version : Johannes Dietrich FFMFF

HarrysMum
30-11-10, 09:54
Not much known about this fellow......

He married Barbara Schwind and they had a son Johannes Adamus (known as Adam) Dietrich born/baptised 24th June 1813, Dedengrass?Dedengesass (?) Germany and died in Toowoomba, Qld.

kiterunner
30-11-10, 10:41
There is a couple on the pilot site, Johannes Ditterich and Barbara Schwind, who had a son Michael born 18 Dec 1808, and a daughter, Margaretha, born 5th April 1810, at Wertheim, Baden. But of course it could just be a coincidence.

HarrysMum
30-11-10, 20:18
Thanks Kite...........

Now.....can you tell me (very slowly) how you found that??? I can't find anything much on the Pilot site.

kiterunner
30-11-10, 23:28
I just clicked on "Advanced Search", and then put Johannes for first name, Dietrich for surname, and Barbara for spouse's first name, Schwind for spouse's surname, made sure it was set to "Exact & Close Match", and clicked on Search, and up they came. But then when I tried the same search specifying the place name as Wertheim, Baden, Germany, or just Baden, Germany, it didn't find them at all! It can be a bit temperamental. Sometimes if you don't find anything that way you can get matches by putting the names in the parent fields instead.

HarrysMum
01-12-10, 00:06
Thanks....I put their names and Germany and got nothing....will have to check the 'exact' bit.

kiterunner
01-12-10, 09:32
Leave Germany out if you get nothing, and set it to "Exact & Close Match".