PDA

View Full Version : John Carter - (FFMFF)

BlueSavannah
26-11-10, 09:38
Name - "official" name and what they were known as: John Carter

Date and place of birth: 1841c, Kensington, Middlesex from census info (no cert yet)

Names of parents: Moses Carter & Ann Conway

Date and place of baptism: 27th March 1842 at St Mary Abbots Church, Kensington.

Details of each of his or her marriages: 2nd June 1874 at St John the Baptist, Eversholt, Bedfordshire to Jane Evans. age given as full. occupation was Soldier of the 4th hussars. Father named as Moses Carter, Labourer.

Occupation(s): Soldier / Iron Labourer

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!):

1851: High Street, Dunstable, Bedfordshire. Aged 9 and with Moses & Ann.
1861: Not yet found
1871: Not yet found
1881: 54 Fowler Street, St Werburgh, Derbyshire, Aged 39.
1891: Springfield Terrace, Ripley, Derbyshire, aged 49.

Date, place and cause of death: unknown for sure but have found a death in the Ripley registers for John Carter aged 58, 1900. Need to get this cert.

Date and place of burial: unknown

Details of will / administration of their estate: unknown.

Memorial inscription: unknown.

ElizabethHerts
26-11-10, 10:55
I don't know if this is the correct marriage for Moses and Ann, but I thought I would add it just in case. Hammersmith is very close to Kensington.

5 Jan 1835
Groom Forenames: Moses
Groom Surname: CARTER
Bride Forenames: Ann
Bride Surname: CONWAY
Place: Hammersmith
County: Middlesex

Perhaps Ancestry would help with the birth and baptism, also any other siblings born before John.

BlueSavannah
26-11-10, 11:06
Thanks for that marriage Elizabeth. I dont know London at all so wasnt aware of how close Hammersmith and Kensington were. I dont know if its the right marriage but its looking likely.

on the 51 census, John is the eldest child aged 9 but I dont know if there were others before him as I havnt found Moses & Ann on the 41 census. I think the 51 census says that Moses is born Missenden, Bucks & Ann in Hampstead, Middlesex. After John, the next child is George aged 5 born in Missenden.