PDA

View Full Version : ANcestry LMA image check please

samesizedfeet
15-09-09, 19:30
I'm going bonkers now. There's loads of interesting snippets I want to look at but none of the images are loading so I can see the bits of information that would help me.

Could someone look at Ellen Linkson married at ST Matthew Essex Road in 1863 to John William Allday Hall, please?

The record says her father is Robert Linkson. What I need to know is what it says for his occupation and her address.

Slightly worried as Ellen Linkson supposedly married Joseph Hardcastle in Jun Q of 1863.

TYIA

Zoe

Joan of Archives
15-09-09, 19:32
Hi Zoe

Her address was 4 Sheppalin ??? Place

Father was Robert Linkson occupation : Accountant

Does that help?
:)

samesizedfeet
15-09-09, 19:37
Yes and no.....

She's my Ellen Linkson but quite what she was doing marrying twice in the same quarter both times using her maiden name I don't know.

Also, her sister Jane has a mystery child called Joseph W Hall in 1861, father unknown.

This new database is throwing up nothing but problems for me

Joan of Archives
15-09-09, 19:42
Yes and no.....

She's my Ellen Linkson but quite what she was doing marrying twice in the same quarter both times using her maiden name I don't know.

Also, her sister Jane has a mystery child called Joseph W Hall in 1861, father unknown.

This new database is throwing up nothing but problems for me

Oooooo Zoe! Naughty Ellen!!

Where is the other marriage? I can't find it? :confused:

Joan of Archives
15-09-09, 19:44
Have you got the cert for the marriage to Joseph? I am wondering if the GRO index is wrong??

:confused:

samesizedfeet
15-09-09, 19:47
I can't find it now either.

I'm wondering if I've done my notes badly and, having found a marriage under Ellen Linkson in 1863 then her married to Joseph Hardcastle in a later census I've assumed she married him that year and never actually found a cross reference to the marriage.

Just running through the census I have on her to work out how I knew she was a Hardcastle. pretty sure I found her with a sister under her married name

samesizedfeet
15-09-09, 19:55
Think I might cry now. Can't figure out what I've done and all my original (more extensive) notes are on the other computer which gave up the ghost about 6 months ago.

I may leave this until I have a couple of days off work next week as I need to get my teeth into it properly

vallee
15-09-09, 20:05
oops ignore my pm

samesizedfeet
15-09-09, 20:34
sorry to be a pain - can someone look at John William Allday Hall's occupation for me, please?

I've found a baptism on the IGI in Arnold, Notts in 1929 ans there's a suitable John W Hall in 1861 in Islington who is a Commission Agent.

Unfortunately I can't find him (or an Ellen Hall) on any other census.

He does has a brother called Joseph Hall though which could possibly be a connection for the sister's child

Joan of Archives
15-09-09, 20:41
Hi Zoe

It looks like "Traveller" to me? :rolleyes:

samesizedfeet
15-09-09, 20:45
******. Although brother Joseph is a "Traveller" on 1861

I'm coming back to this next week. Expect this thread to be bumped on Monday :)

samesizedfeet
15-09-09, 20:45
ooooh - I've been atserisked

maggie_4_7
15-09-09, 20:46
Have you download the enhanceded viewer?

If not thats your problem if you are using the old viewer it won't load the images correctly.

If you are using the enhanced one...!

samesizedfeet
15-09-09, 20:49
I'm on an Apple Mac and the enhanced viewer doesn't work on here.

I've sent a Technical Problem report to Ancestry but not counting on them getting back to me any time soon.

As long as it's sorted by 1st week in October when I have a week off I'll be happy.

Until then I'll have to beg for help on here

Joan of Archives
15-09-09, 21:11
ooooh - I've been atserisked

????? Lol!!!

:d:d

samesizedfeet
06-10-09, 18:54
A later than advised bump on this

For all those who were having sleepless nights over Ellen Linkson and her mystery husband I found her on LMA last night marrying again on 15 Jan 1865 to a George Rayner.

So John William Allday Hall died between the marriage on 12 May 1863 and then.

Can't see any Hall children though but I'm now wondering of Joseph Hall (illegitimate son of Ellen's sister Jane according to the census) could be Ellen's and new hubbie didn't want him or if as I previously suspected (no proof though) he's a liaison between Jane and Ellen's brother in law Joseph Hall.

There are 9 Rayner children to sort out now though

*heads into freebmd*