PDA

View Full Version : Could anyone please do me LMA look up on Ancestry?

Lynn the Forest Fan
15-09-09, 13:27
I have just searched the new records for my Samuel Stowell, born c 1780 & have found a few things which look hopeful, but as I am no longer a full member, I can't see them. Could anyone help me please?
I am particularly interested in a marriage to Ann King.

LindyTumblethump
15-09-09, 15:01
Ooops if it is the extracted parish records I don't pay for that addition xxhugxx

Joan of Archives
15-09-09, 15:10
Lynn I have pm'd you.

:)

Merry
15-09-09, 15:12
6th Dec 1803 at St Mary Lambeth

Samuel Stowell bachelor of this parish and Ann King of the same parish a spinster were married in this church by banns.

I can't read the minister's name. They both signed with their marks. The witnesses were W Gawler (who signed several marriages on the page and who was probably the parish clerk as in later years this was the role of one James L Gawler who was a witness at a lot of OH's relatives marriages at St Mary's) and Richard Smith, who also witnessed the previous marriage the same day between George Spencer and Jane Jefferys.

Joan of Archives
15-09-09, 15:20
Ooo well done everyone lol!!

Margaret Merry always beats us to it lol ;):d

I will go stick my head back into mine now, finding loads of them! :d

Lynn the Forest Fan
15-09-09, 17:54
Oh thank you thank you. I think that this is the marriage that I have been looking for for ages!
I don't suppose there was a baptism for a Samuel Stowell c 1808/9 in there as well was there?

I have just been looking at the results that the search for Samuel Stowell c1780 gets me & the top few are definitly mine! the Samuel born c1808 that I mentioned above also married at St Marys to Elizabeth Jenkins & their marriage is on the list, as is his sister Catherine & son Samuel James. If it is not too much to ask, could I have the details of the marriage between Samuel Stowell & Martha Patience Scott, that is listed as well please?

This is really a bit of a breakthrough for me & I am really chuffed. :)

Phoenix
15-09-09, 18:12
And she's right about Mr Gawler!

Joan of Archives
15-09-09, 18:30
Samuel Stowell otp widower
Martha Patience Scott otp widow

Married by banns 20th January 1829

X the mark of Samuel Stowell
Martha Patience Scott

Witness James Longman Lawler (Could be Gawler )?

Maria Lawrence ?

Merry
15-09-09, 18:36
Witness James Longman Lawler (Could be Gawler )?

Yep, James Longman Gawler is the parish clerk and I've lost count of the number of times I've thought, 'is he a relative?' and gone off to search!

Lynn the Forest Fan
15-09-09, 19:16
Thats great Joan, Merry & Pheonix, I assume this is the same parish then? That would look like Ann died & Samuel remarried. I've actually found this marriage before on Familysearch & wondered if it wasthe first marriage of Samuel jnr, but it would appear to have been his father. I wonder if I should look around there for burials :)
There is a baptism for a Samuel Stowell in the England & Wales parish records 1530 - 1906, could you check the date on that for me please?

Joan of Archives
15-09-09, 19:25
Hi Lynn

Sorry I meant to say it's St Mary at Lambeth I have 8 tabs open on Ancestry at the moment lol :o:d

There is a baptism for a Samuel Stowell, 5th July 1812 Bristol Gloucs.

Lynn the Forest Fan
15-09-09, 19:33
Thats ok Joan. Many thanks :) The baptism is not for my Samuel unfortunately :(, I was hoping that he might have been baptised in the same church as his parents married.

Joan of Archives
15-09-09, 19:35
I think the London baptisms aren't name indexed yet Lynn, you can search page by page though. I am around tomorrow I will have a look for you if you like, may be some time though lol :o:d

Lynn the Forest Fan
15-09-09, 19:39
Oh you are an angel Joan X

Joan of Archives
15-09-09, 19:45
Well if anyone else has a look can they put it on this thread then we won't all be looking together lol!

Or we could each volunteer to do a few years each?

Merry???? Lol! :d

Merry
15-09-09, 21:08
Well if anyone else has a look can they put it on this thread then we won't all be looking together lol!

Or we could each volunteer to do a few years each?

Merry???? Lol! :d

*runs for the hills* :eek:

I don't mind doing some tomorrow afternoon......just leave the details here somewhere....

Joan of Archives
15-09-09, 21:13
You're an angel Merry!

I have done 1780, 1781 & should finish 1782 tonight. If I find him I'll break open the bubbly :d

Can you note on here what years you are going to tackle then I'll do some others.

Lynn the Forest Fan
15-09-09, 21:16
You are both angels!

kiterunner
15-09-09, 22:09
I suppose I can ignore that Gawler who was a witness at my relly's marriage then, lol. Glad I read this thread!