PDA

View Full Version : Agnes Garioch/Gerrie MMMFM [ahnentafel 61]

Olde Crone
19-11-10, 09:58
Name - "official" name and what they were known as
Agnes Garioch (pronounced Gerrie)
Date and place of birth
About 1818-1824 Aberdeen Scotland
Note: age varies on census and death cert but earlier date of 1818 seems more likely
Names of parents
John Garioch and Jean Bruce
Date and place of baptism - if applicable
Not found. Siblings baptised St Nicholas Aberdeen.
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any
No marriage found. They lied and said they were married in 1846 in Dundee, but the birth of a daughter in 1859 states "illegitimate".Spouse (and father of Agnes' children) was William Mackenzie, bc 1822.
Occupation(s) - if any
Housekeeper
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
1841 Agnes is with her mother Jean Gerrie at West North St Aberdeen.
1851 - at 11 Albion St Aberdeen, housekeeper to William Mackenzie, with their daughter Alexanderina and a six year old orphan, who is related to the family.
In 1861 at 11 Albion St, Agnes is now wife to William and is aged 45. Three children and the orphan is now their boarder.
In 1871 still at Albion St, Agnes is now only 50!
Date, place and cause of death
3 March 1876 at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, aged 52,usual address Commercial St Aberdeen. Cause of death - chronic bronchitis 3 (or 8) years. Informant daughter Alexanderina.
Date and place of burial.
Not known
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable
Not known
Memorial inscription - if any
[COLOR="blue"]not known

Notes - Agnes had five children with William.[/CO

HarrysMum
19-11-10, 10:07
I have a Peter GERRIE born/baptised July 1824 Forgue Aberdeenshire.

He married Isobel Daun in 1849. I don't have any parents for Peter.....not sure if it's of any use to you.

Olde Crone
19-11-10, 10:26
Thnks Libby, I'll bear it in mind, trouble is Gerrie/Garioch is such a common name in the area! There are no Peters forward in my line though.

OC

HarrysMum
19-11-10, 10:33
Wonder where I just put the other post ???

Try again.....just in case you are collecting them

James Garioch probably born Old Meldrum Aberdeenshire married Jean Gordon 19th Nov 1789 in Cabrach Parish.