Mother's Maiden Name:
Film Number: 101256
Volume Number: 4
Page Number: 562
Digital Folder Number: 4179388
Image Number: 00298
Collection: Ireland, Civil Registration Indexes, 1845-1958

I'm trying to find his spouse.

Usually I can manage to find the person, but this time I'm not having any success.

She could be known as "Mary Ellen" (from father-in-law's will), "Emily M" (from census), or "Nellie" (from other source).

I wish you could search using the film no, etc.

kiterunner
09-11-10, 15:12
It's so annoying the fact that they have transcribed the volume and page number but haven't put in a facility to search using those to find the spouse, isn't it? I'll have a look at the beta site to see if it's any better there... I may be some time...

kiterunner
09-11-10, 15:18
Well, she could be Ellen Mary Murray, but they're quite common names so it's possible there's another Mary Ellen / Ellen Mary with that page number as well.

ElizabethHerts
09-11-10, 15:39
KiteRunner, thanks for looking.

As you say, why can't you just enter the volume and page numbers and come up with the hit.

I think this lady was deserted by her husband and her wealthy father-in-law disinherited him and left some money to her and her children.

ElizabethHerts
09-11-10, 15:49
I wish she would make up her mind what her name is!

On the 1891 census she is Ellen Ma(r)y!

1891 Census
BANTOCK, Ellen May
WALSALL, Staffordshire
RG12 piece 2256 folio 6 page 5

ElizabethHerts
09-11-10, 15:51
Kite Runner, your match seems increasingly likely, thanks!

kiterunner
09-11-10, 15:58
By the way, in case anyone's wondering, it wasn't any easier on the beta site than on the pilot site. You just have to search on the year and district name and then pick out the ones with the right quarter and view each one to see the page number.