PDA

View Full Version : Ancestry search query

Just Gillian
09-11-10, 08:31
Jas H W Wolledge appears on Ancestry's new UK, Naval Medal and Award Rolls, 1793-1972.

If I put the same name exactly into the general search of historical records there are no matching results.

Is there normally a time lapse between the addition of new records to the site and their availability through the general search?

kiterunner
09-11-10, 08:53
Hmmm, you have to untick the "Only show results from the UK and Ireland" box to get him!

Just Gillian
09-11-10, 09:25
Thanks Kite. Didn't even think of trying that way.

I'd have expected him to show up as the first search result too as it's the only exact Jas H W entry?? He comes under the military category using that method while searching directly under uk military doesn't produce him.

I wonder if it is just because it's a new record? I might have to try looking for a few of my other missing ones using the unticked UK method now.

kiterunner
09-11-10, 09:32
I would think it's a mistake by ancestry - usually new databases show up o.k. You could contact them and report the problem.

Just Gillian
09-11-10, 09:34
Thanks Kite. I'll do that. I didn't think I'd experienced a search problem with new records there before.