PDA

View Full Version : Northern Ireland BMD

samesizedfeet
05-11-10, 10:57
Just spent 20 minutes navigating the LDS catalogue looking for reel numbers for Northern Ireland BMD records only to find each entry says "No circulation to family history centers."

For some reason I thought this was the only way to access the BMD indexes without visiting Belfast or paying for a search.

Has anyone done NI research and can offer a bit of advice. I'm hunting for a marriage from c1960s/70s. And then hope to trace back in hope of tracing forwards again.

Any help appreciated.

Zxx

kiterunner
05-11-10, 11:27
I have done some NI research, but not that recent, sorry. Think the only options might be to visit Belfast or get someone to look it up there for you.

Fi aka Wheelie Spice
05-11-10, 19:36
I was christened in Belfast

Joy Dean
05-11-10, 22:05
You could try posting on here
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php

peppie
05-11-10, 23:25
You can't get them through LDS centers unfortunately.... :( which is a blinking nightmare for me
I think they did have them but can't put them into circulation, it does actually say why in their index books but I can't remember why

You're going to either go over your self or ask someone there to do it for you

samesizedfeet
06-11-10, 19:12
Thank you ladies. Have a friend trying to trace her mother so I need to speak to her about how much she wants to put this in other people's hands.

Grateful for all your help

Zxx

Merry
06-11-10, 19:54
When OH visited the LDS Family History centre at Hyde Park (maybe three years ago?) they had the Irish BMD films (don't know what dates - they had 1895, which was what he looked at!). Might possibly be worth checking they don't still have them?

samesizedfeet
06-11-10, 20:02
They do still have the Irish stuff but I'm after the North. They appear to be as possessive as Scotland without being as progressive enough to have their own website like them.