PDA

View Full Version : Coincidences?

Merry
01-11-10, 20:31
Nothing to add to BK6 from this thread

I've just added a couple to my tree who appear on the 1841-1881 censuses at Newnham Street, Bedford. I then looked at the records for their first son and in 1851 he had just married and moved to London. Where was he living? Newnham Street in Marylebone! I thought I was seeing things for a minute!

Has anyone else got this sort of coincidence?

Nell
01-11-10, 21:13
Not the same thing, but here in Hitchin there's a little path with houses on it called Smoothy Court. My Mum's Mum's maiden name was Gladys Smoothy. I found that Glady's grandfather came from Chelmsford in Essex and that Smoothy Court was named after another branch of the family. Gladys herself was born in Richmond-on-Thames.

tenterfieldjulie
02-11-10, 04:40
My late OH ancestor Thomas Gray married at St. Mary's Prestwich Lancashire 1838 my ancestor Daniel Pugson married same place ten years later - it gives me goosebumps. They could have known each other. I wish I could tell Pete.

LindyTumblethump
03-11-10, 10:59
Nell where in Hitchin is Smoothy Court? xxhugxx

Nell
03-11-10, 18:07
Hi Lindy

It's a little alleyway (looks like the side entrance to a house) in Nightingale Road, between Molly Malone's pub and Garden Row. The name "Smoothy Court" is high up on a whitewashed wall, but you could easily walk by and not see it. You can see it on google street view.