PDA

View Full Version : Beware Ryerson Index!!!

HarrysMum
24-10-10, 03:19
Anyone trying to access the Ryerson Index should leave it as it's showing up as virus infected at the moment.

My virus scanner is picking up 24 threats and it's never been wrong yet, so if anyone doesn't have a good virus scanner, they might in trouble.

Kit
24-10-10, 06:44
Do you know what virus Libby?

As soon as I logged on I got a warning that something had been blocked from attacking my computer but it didn't say where it came from. I've shut the page down but would like to have access again when I can.

HarrysMum
24-10-10, 07:34
I got the same thing, Kit and couldn't work out what it was, but the forum says......
HTTP Malicious Toolkit Variant Activity 16...High Risk.

I'm just staying away till it's sorted. I comes up when I click the 'search' box.

Merry
24-10-10, 07:58
What's the Ryerson Index?

HarrysMum
24-10-10, 08:11
Merry.......I won't put the link up (for obvious reasons..lol) but it's an online list of death notices from various newspapers around Australia. Not all are online, but you can request a lookup.

I'll let you know when it's fixed and you can have a squizz......

Kit
24-10-10, 22:00
I had suspended my computer, not shut down previously and when i refreshed the page I got the warning. I then shut the page down and reopenned another one and didn't get any warning so I assume the problem is permanently blocked from my computer.

I wish they'd fix it as i want to use it.

HarrysMum
24-10-10, 22:51
Me too.......

There's a stack of posts on the DPS emails with some saying it's a Google problem and others saying it Rootsweb problem.

I'm just not going near it till it's sorted.

Any other Google searches have been fine.

Kit
25-10-10, 06:19
It seems to be fine now. I just tried it and I can get in, previously I have been getting warning messages.