18-10-10, 06:23
OK...my elusive Elizabeth.....
Daniel Oakes born 1782 in Backford,Cheshire -died 1859 in Neston,Chesh
married Elizabeth ??????
children that I have
Thomas Oakes b 1817 Neston
Mary Oakes b `1820
William Oakes b 1822
you will deduct that Daniel was 35 at his firstborn .....the Oakes family seem to move from Backford to Neston ....Daniel and his son Thomas are my DIRECT ancestors....and Elizabeth is the only direct ancestor on the female side whose name I don`t have....I can`t find a marriage for them...does anyone think because of Daniels age that Elizabeth maybe somewhat younger than Daniel....or....did they marry late in life ???....or are there earlier children that I don`t have ?...allan:confused:

kiterunner
18-10-10, 07:25
Did anything ever come of the suggestion on this thread?

http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/Forum/showthread.php?t=4372&highlight=Daniel+Oakes&page=2

garstonite
18-10-10, 08:09
No ,I`m afraid not....I had my `hot matches ` through this morning and invariably went back to Elizabeth...the 3 children are all on the CPRDb site - babtisms and other records....I can`t help but feel I am doing something wrong though....something in the back of my mind makes me think I may have a different Daniel....but the birth and death fit perfectly...I feel he left Backford and met Elizabeth and they had a few more children before coming to Neston and having Thomas b 1817....soooooo frustrating......thanks....allan:(

kiterunner
18-10-10, 08:29
So did you ever go and look at the parish register entry for that 1811 Liverpool marriage, Allan? If not then I would think it would be a good idea to look at it.

garstonite
18-10-10, 18:32
So did you ever go and look at the parish register entry for that 1811 Liverpool marriage, Allan? If not then I would think it would be a good idea to look at it.

Going 1st week in December....Anns going shopping whilst I delve....thanks Kiterunner....allan:)