PDA

View Full Version : Hale Village/Ditton/Prescot/Sefton (Sephton) Tithe survey

garstonite
17-10-10, 18:59
Can someone please find me a link where I can see how much land the LUNT family owned in these 4 vilages within 15 miles of each other in the TITHE Survey...I have tried and can`t seem to find any of them.....thanks.....allan:o

Merry
18-10-10, 06:03
I see on Rootschat you have told someone else this is available online, so you are one step ahead of me! Where is it?

garstonite
18-10-10, 06:14
I see on Rootschat you have told someone else this is available online, so you are one step ahead of me! Where is it?

Merry...that`s why I posted on here last night...I always thought the Tithe Survey was available for all to see...I have seen a few Tithe Survey for my family in Herefordshire...can`t seem to find Sephton/Hale Village /Prescot/ Ditton...have I botched up ?....that`s not unusual for me....the lady concerned is in Spain , and those 4 districts are all within 10 miles from me..I thought I could help, but maybe I have jumped the gun....allan:(

Merry
18-10-10, 06:18
I've never seen one in my life, but I assumed that was because I've never been to a record office! I didn't know they are online and don't really know what one is anyway :o

garstonite
18-10-10, 06:28
Land Surveys done between 1830 and 1854 defining who owned land and who were tenants on the land....for example...
New Hutte Farm, Halewood,Lancashire
owner ..John Rogers
tenant....William Smith
...I have seen the Tithe Survey around Norton Canon ,Herefordshire with my Merrick family....I found that online....puzzled now, cos I thought they were all online.........allan:o:o

JessBow
18-10-10, 06:36
anything here any good, or point you in the right direction?

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/maps/maps-family-local-history.htm

garstonite
18-10-10, 06:43
Thanks very much Jess....Sephton was surveyed in 1841 covering 10 villages...getting somewhere now....will take a while, but thanks for the link.....allan;)

garstonite
18-10-10, 07:17
Well I think the lady concerned will be pleased to know in 1835 there was a village called LUNT ...and it was 0.6 of a mile from where all her family events took place in St Helen church.....thanks again Jess....got loads of info from that link...I`ll let the lady concerned trawl through it all....cheers..allan:)