PDA

View Full Version : Problem accessing new records on Ancestry

Sue from Southend
15-10-10, 16:56
Ancestry have added England, Return of Owners of Land 1873 recently
http://search.ancestry.co.uk/search/db.aspx?dbid=2040 but when I try to view anything it tells me that I don't have the right sub to do so, but I have :( (I've a UK premium sub) Can someone else have a go and see if it's the same for them.

Ta!

kiterunner
15-10-10, 17:15
Ooh, I'd forgotten to check what was new on there since they added the indexed LMA stuff! There's quite a few bits and bobs been added. I have access to the Return of Owners of Land but I have a World sub, so that doesn't really help you. I would complain to them if I were you. Unfortunately it's the weekend now so nothing's likely to happen till next week.

Jackie H
15-10-10, 17:33
I've just tried and can't access it either - I've got premium. Interestingly I can access the Welsh ones :confused:

Sue from Southend
15-10-10, 18:06
Thanks Jackie - they must have set the record up wrongly - I'll send them an email to let them know but as Kite said it'll be a while before anything changes.

I must admit that I was only being nosey, wanting to see what the records contained- I know that none of my ancestors owned land!

WendyPusey
15-10-10, 18:42
I can access them and I have UK Premium.

Sue from Southend
15-10-10, 18:51
Thanks Wendy - I just tried again and have access, maybe others had complained already.

Having had a quick look it doesn't actually tell you much does it?? LOL