PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have time to transcibe a couple of old will (PCC) for me please

Margaret in Burton
09-10-10, 14:33
The writing is just too much for me, can't get my head round most of it.

Merry
09-10-10, 17:10
I'll do one a bit later on if you'd like to email it! :)

Margaret in Burton
09-10-10, 17:41
Thanks Merry

I've done most of one of them, stuck on a few words, I'll email the other one. Perhaps when I've typed up what I've done on the other you could check it for me?

Merry
09-10-10, 17:50
Ok!! :d

Merry
09-10-10, 18:12
In the name of God Amen I Robert Chaplin the Elder of Monks Eleigh of in the County of Suffolk Gentleman being of sound and disposing mind memory and understanding (praised be God for the same) hereby revoking all former and other Wills and Testaments by me at any time heretofore made do make publish and declare this my last Will and Testament and dispose of all my estate and effects in manner and form following (that is to say first) I devise that all my just debts funeral probate and executorial charges shall be paid and satisfied as soon as conveniently can be after my decease Also I give and bequeath unto Elizabeth Chaplin my beloved wife such parts of my household furniture plate linen china dairy and brewing utensils farming live and dead stock and implements of husbandry as she shall choose to take for her own use and disposal And as to all the residue of my goods chattels monies securities for money monies in the public stocks or funds personal estate and effects whatsoever and wheresoever that I shall be possessed of interested in or entitled unto at the time of my decease I give and bequeath the same unto my two sons William Green Chaplin and Robert Chaplin to be equally divided between the share and share alike Also I give and devise unto my said son Robert Chaplin all and singular my messuages cottages lands tenements and real estate whatsoever and wheresoever to hold the same unto my said son Robert Chaplin his heirs and assigns forever subject nevertheless to and I do hereby charge my said real estate with the payment of the annuity and legacy hereinafter mentioned (that is to say) I give and bequeath unto the said Elizabeth my wife one annuity or clear yearly sum of fifty pounds

........to be continued after dinner!

Some of that doesn't seem to quite manke sense, but I am fairly certain I've not missed a line or anything! EDIT TO SAY: maybe it's OK actually - depends where you breathe! lol

continued..........

of Lawful money of Great Britain commencing from the day of my decease and to so paid her by four equal quarterly payments during her natural life (in lieu and bar of dower and third) Also I give and bequeath unto my said son William Green Chaplin the sum of five hundred pounds to be paid him by my said son Robert Chaplin within six calendar months next after my decease And it is my will that my said wife and son respectively shall have all such powers of (something?) and entry in case of default in payment of the said annuity or legacy as the Law gives or allows of in (three words???) in arrears between Landlord and Tenant And I do hereby nominate constitute and appoint my said sons William Green Chaplin and Robert Chaplin Executors of this my last will and testament In witness whereof I the said Robert Chaplin the testator have to this my last will and testament set my hand and seal the thirty first day of December in the year of our lond one thousand eight hundred and twenty one - Robert Chaplin - signed sealed published and declared by the said Robert Chaplin the testator as and for his last will and testament in the presence of us who in his presence at his request and in the presence of each other have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses - Rt Offord - Henry Offord - Attornies at Law Hadleigh - Robert Luskey (?)- Hitcham Farmer

Proved at London 14th October 1824 before the Worshipful John Dodson Dr of Laws and surrogate the oaths of William Green Chaplin and Robert Chaplin the sons the exors to whom admon was granted being first sworn duly to administer

Merry
09-10-10, 21:26
I can't manage to open the doc you sent me with your transcription in it, so......

This is the last will and testament of me William Green Chaplin of (I'm sure you know where?!) gentleman first I nominate constitute and appoint my brother Robert Chaplin of (the same place!) aforesaid gentleman sole executor of this my will Item I give and bequeath unto Jane Darby(?) now residing in my service the sum of five pounds Also I give and bequeath unto the treasurers of the Colchester and Essex hospital the sum of nineteen pounds nineteen shillings I give and devise unto my said brother Robert Chaplin all and every my real estate both freehold and copyhold and of what nature or kind soever and wheresoever.....

the other bit is longer - is it any particular bits?? :)

Margaret in Burton
09-10-10, 21:55
I'll post it on here

Margaret in Burton
09-10-10, 21:55
This is the last Will and Testament of me William Green Chaplin of Marks Tey Hall in the parish of Marks Tey in the County of Essex gentleman First I nominate constitute and appoint my brother Robert Chaplin of Marks Tey aforesaid gentleman sole Executor of this my Will Item I give and bequeath unto Jane Darby now residing in my service the sum of five pounds also I give and bequeath unto the treasurers of the Colchester and Essex Hospital the sum of nineteen pounds and nineteen shillings I give and devise unto my said brother Robert Chaplin all and every my real estate both freehold and copyhold and of what nature or kind so ever and wheresoever situate with their and every of their appurtenances to hold the same and every part thereof unto the said Robert Chaplin his heirs and assigns absolutely and forever Also I give and bequeath unto my said brother Robert Chaplin all and every my personal estate and effects whatsoever and wheresoever whether in possession reversion or expectancy subject nevertheless to the payment of my just debts funeral and testamentary expenses and the charges of proving this my Will and the legacies hereinbefore bequeathed to hold the same and every part thereof unto the said Robert Chaplin his executors administrators and assigns absolutely and forever and hereby revoking all former Wills by me at any time heretofore made I declare this to be my las will and testament in witness whereof I the said William Green Chaplin the Testator have hereunto set my hand and seal this twenty first day of October in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and forty one – W G CHAPLIN – signed sealed published and declared by the said William Green Chaplin the Testator as and for his last Will and Testament in the presence of us who in his presence at his request and in the presence of each other have subscribed our names as witnesses Mary Phillips – Fredk H Newell solr Colchester

Proved at London the 20 April 1842 before the worshipful Jesse Addams Doctor of laws and surrogate by the oath of Robert Chaplin the brother the sole executor to who admon was granted having been first sworn duly to administer

Margaret in Burton
09-10-10, 22:00
I did the transcription in Open Office. If you right click and then "open with", you can then choose your own word programme.

Merry
09-10-10, 22:14
I've edited the above :D

Merry
09-10-10, 22:16
I did the transcription in Open Office. If you right click and then "open with", you can then choose your own word programme.

When I right clicked I didn't get open with as an option :o

Margaret in Burton
09-10-10, 22:24
Oh thank you Merry.

I'll try not to bother you again. :o:o

I have Robert Chaplin (the brother) will order to post tomorrow. My Nathaniel Woodgate was expecting to be left something in the will of Robert Chaplin (according to his own will, they were 1st cousins) I have to find out if he was. :D:D

Merry
09-10-10, 22:30
Oooh fingers crossed then!

Margaret in Burton
09-10-10, 22:36
Oooh fingers crossed then!

Probably more hopeful than he should have been. :D We will see. Hopefully Birmingham are only taking a week still.

Merry
09-10-10, 22:43
Probably more hopeful than he should have been.

Well, I was thinking that!!!

Margaret in Burton
09-10-10, 22:47
Here's the section:

I give to my said wife and to Mr John Woodgate of Brent Eleigh in the County of Suffolk Gentleman all the property which may be due or coming to me under the Will of the late Robert Chaplin of Marks Tey in the county of Essex

Merry
09-10-10, 23:02
Hmmmm.......Well, we shall see! What date did he say that?

Margaret in Burton
09-10-10, 23:14
Hmmmm.......Well, we shall see! What date did he say that?

April 1863.

Robert's died Dec 1860, probate Feb 1861 but it says resworn in May 1863

We shall see

Merry
10-10-10, 18:04
Interesting!