PDA

View Full Version : Help with a few words on a will please

Margaret in Burton
06-10-10, 13:06
http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu326/margharrison/WrightDavid-will-1-1.jpg

my dear wife Catherine Wright for her life after her decease to my dear ------------Frances???? Wright ----------- the wife of William Charman

Trouble is William Charman married Letitia Wright and she wouldn't be Wright anyway if she was married. He did have a son James who doesn't seem to be mentioned

kiterunner
06-10-10, 13:11
children Frances Wright Letitia the wife of William Charman

Margaret in Burton
06-10-10, 13:52
Thanks Kate

I'm now wondering if it says My dear children James Wright Letitia the wife of William Charman

James was the eldest and they do seem to be written in age order. He didn't have a Frances.
At first I thought it said James and then changed my mind to Frances

kiterunner
06-10-10, 15:25
Yes, I thought it said James at first then when I saw you said it was Frances I thought it looked like that!

Merry
06-10-10, 21:28
It's a bit small for me to see, but I can't see a C in it (as in Frances) - they do a C like a lower case I, but without the dot.

Should you be doing this Marg??!!!

Margaret in Burton
07-10-10, 09:37
I've not typed them up Merry, just written out by hand what it says. Couldn't type that much yet.

James makes more sense than Frances, they had a James but not a Frances.

Merry
07-10-10, 09:38
I didn't mean the typing/writing, I meant should you be fretting about them! lol

Margaret in Burton
07-10-10, 09:46
I'm not fretting, it's just giving me something to do. Just sitting on my backside all day is boring.

Merry
07-10-10, 10:48
That's fine then!! :D