PDA

View Full Version : Joseph Wilton missing

anne fraser
04-10-10, 14:27
I have jist received a will for Joseph Wilton my great great grandfather who died in 1884. He leaves his estate to be divided equally among his children but he says that his son Joseph's share is to be divided among his other children in England if he is still missing after a year after his death.

I have Joseph (the son) born Kelston Somerset about 1840 on the 1851 and 1861 cenus but no sign of him after that. His brother Moses went to Ausralia but where did Joseph go?

kiterunner
04-10-10, 15:39
Thing is, if he died somewhere where nobody knew who he was, his death will be registered as Unknown.

anne fraser
04-10-10, 17:08
At least I know I was not the only one who could not find him. Has any one come across any thing similar?

Jackie H
04-10-10, 17:35
I haven't come across exactly the same although I do have mariners lost at sea where there is no death registration.

I also saw this the other day when I was looking for something else in the LMA deaths and burials on Ancestry.

"A man unknown accidentally killed by injuries received in the head........supposed to be about 18 years"

In fact if you search for "man" there are loads of them in the burial records and if you search FreeBMD for deaths with the name "unkown unknown" and then look at the image there are pages of them.