PDA

View Full Version : What happened to this man?

Sally
02-10-10, 19:56
Okay, I am looking for the death of man relevant to my son in law's tree. If I can find something, it may just cause a contact who is this man's direct descendant to get her finger out and send me some family photos!! She has rather gone off the boil.

His name is Thomas Sidney Barrett (brother of my son in law's grandmother Daisy May Barrett)

He was born in Essex in 1894 and married Elsie Margret Newman Randall in 1921 in Swansea. He left his wife and three children in around 1935 and disappeared in a puff of smoke. Two of his children were told that he had died, whereas the third was told merely that the marriage had broken down.

I would really appreciate finding this chap, apart from desperately wanting some photos of the family from this contact it would finish off Daisy's family.

Actually, having just looked again at all the avenues that I have checked this is something of an impossible task. However I will leave the request up just in case.

Merry
02-10-10, 21:20
Well, there are only two Thomas S Barrets born within three years of 1894, and the other one is younger. So, this looks a good possible:

Name: Thomas S Barrett
Death Registration Month/Year: 1965 Q2
Age at death (estimated): 72
Registration district: Colchester
Inferred County: Essex
Volume: 4a
Page: 598

Sally
02-10-10, 21:51
Merry, I am sitting here with my mouth open! You need to be bottled and kept for posterity because I just don't understand how you found that.

I know that I am useless, but I have looked very hard for this death!!! Thank you very much - I am just stunned.

I will email these details to my contact, and perhaps she will be grateful enough to finally dig out those photos that I have been after, and also let me know if the death cert is the right one.

A nightcap is called for to celebrate Merry the miraculous

Sue at the seaside
02-10-10, 22:11
A nightcap is called for to celebrate Merry the miraculous

I have to agree with you there and join you in a nightcap!

Merry
02-10-10, 22:19
lol!!

I just put his name into Ancestry and looked at the ages for one who died after 1935 and was about six years older than the year. There were only nine entries to look at!

Sally
03-10-10, 20:05
Well, a bit of a result in that my reluctant contact (her husband is the son of my son in law's great uncle, so it's a shame that she is not more enthusiastic in her research) is going to send off for the death cert, but will wait until I hear from the other two Records Offices just in case.

As I hoped, this has prompted her to look through all the old boxes of photos that they have. Yippeeeeeee!

Merry
03-10-10, 20:16
Oooh, that's good, Sally!