PDA

View Full Version : These are for Libby and Kiterunner

Val in Oz
02-10-10, 05:41
http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq56/valerieann116/mixedrosesfromEofLmarch2010.jpg

Libby - I was reading through your thread about Scotlands people and saw the reply from KR about looking at FamilySearch and the pilot search and I went into it - remember I have had a three month break from FH due to our trip round Oz...........and........roll of drums

I have discovered the missing baptism record for my 4X G.Grandfather William Semain - who always said he was born in Gosport Hants - only this baptism (and birth) is at Darlington in Durhamshire.

Thankyou, thankyou thankyou - to both of you - I am ecstatic

Now, the question is - are these new records that have just been indexed?

...and I now have to find out what they were doing in Darlington - father James was a soldier and an earlier child had been born in Deal Kent, so I guessed they moved around quite a bit.
This really is my missing link....AND...it gives the mother's maiden name.

I really am in genealogy heaven thanks to you two ladies.

HarrysMum
02-10-10, 08:45
I think most of the thanks should go to KiteRunner, although I am really happy for you. I remember ages ago helping you look for Semains.

I've had so much help here the last few weeks, I've told a few people who've said they will join.

As far as Family Search Record info, they are adding more all the time and I must admit I didn't even think about them for my Scottish lot.

Durham Lady
02-10-10, 09:10
Well done Val, but, Durhamshire:confused: surely you mean County Durham :) Think you've been away from the UK too long:d

The Durham Bishops Transcripts have been on the Pilot site for a few months now. They put Cornwall up too, then after days took them off :(

HarrysMum
02-10-10, 09:16
Actually Daphne, I think we all need another day at the pub to celebrate..........lol

kiterunner
02-10-10, 10:33
Oh that's brilliant, Val, great news. Thanks for the flowers but they should really go to the people at FamilySearch!

Val in Oz
02-10-10, 10:38
Daphne honestly it does say Durhamshire on the paperwork, I printed it out -
St Cuthberts, Darlington, Durhamshire, England

I kid you not

Durham Lady
02-10-10, 14:28
Daphne honestly it does say Durhamshire on the paperwork, I printed it out -
St Cuthberts, Darlington, Durhamshire, England

I kid you not

Typical USA site mistake:rolleyes: I thought FS wasn't so bad as Ancestry for mistranscripts but they do crop up occasionally:d

Libby, now that sounds like a good idea, I could do with a few months in QLD to get some sun on my bones. :)

JayG
02-10-10, 16:56
Durhamshire indeed, tuts at FS!

kiterunner
02-10-10, 17:10
They have Norfolkshire on there too.

Lindsay
02-10-10, 18:32
They have Norfolkshire on there too.
:eek::eek:

maggie_4_7
03-10-10, 15:32
It's not mistranscribing the LDS believe every county in England, Scotland a Wales should end in Shire :)