PDA

View Full Version : Tiverton Devon C of E Records

tenterfieldjulie
27-09-10, 12:11
A marvellous man from Texas USA, Russ Davies, has supplied me with information from the Bampton Parish registers including a Baptism, two deaths and a marriage of my Sloman family. So I now have a James Sloman baptised around 1728, as well as a John and Samuel Sloman baptised in the 1790s in Tiverton. Does anyone know if the C of E Tiverton records from the 1700s are online? Or does anyone think I would have success if I approach the Devon records office? Any other suggestions? Thank you. Julie

Olde Crone
27-09-10, 13:31
Hugh Wallis has Tiverton listed, but not Bampton.

OC

Langley Vale Sue
27-09-10, 15:00
Try asking on the Devon Family History Society's site. I've always had lots of help from the members on there and you may find someone who has access to the Tiverton records who would be willing to do a look up for you.

http://members.boardhost.com/devonfhs/

tenterfieldjulie
28-09-10, 01:10
Many thanks OC I found Sloman Baptisms of James 1728, Samuel 1724 and Richard 1725 sons of Samuel in Tiverton. Really chuffed.
To Langley Vale Sue -I have posted Devon FHS re the baptisms 1790s- they look like a really helpful group. I see they have looked up Tiverton Cemetery records too.
Isn't it exciting!! Cheers. It is a shame that it only 11 am!! Julie

tenterfieldjulie
28-09-10, 09:13
Langley Vale Sue - I posted my Tiverton Baptisms for the Slomans query to Devon FHS Notice Board - and it says that my search term is missing. I'm sure it is obvious but I'm not sure what they want? I put in a heading Tiverton Baptisms Slomans - is that too complicated? Thanks Julie

kiterunner
28-09-10, 09:46
I think that will just mean that the website thought you were trying to do a search of the messages when you weren't, Julie. Your post seems to be on there o.k.

tenterfieldjulie
28-09-10, 11:45
Thanks kite runner Julie