PDA

View Full Version : Hunt for a birth Reg please

Sue at the seaside
20-09-10, 16:29
I need to find a birth registration for G Grandma's birth

Wilhelmina (Emma) Logsdon, born in London, probably Spitalfields
Baptised in Christchurch, Spitalfields 6th October 1858,
A birth year of 1858 is suggested from marriage cert and censuses.

All help gratefully received, I really need her birth cert!

Thanks Sue

Merry
20-09-10, 16:56
if you can't find it on the GRO there will be no point in trying the local office as they don't do FH queries (well, they didn't use to, anyway)! However, you could get Napoleon James Logsdon's cert instead, as the parents should be the same.

Will you be getting the later one for Minnie?!!

ElizabethHerts
20-09-10, 17:02
Have you seen this one, Sue?

Name: LOGSDON, Coralie Annie

Registration District: Whitechapel

County: London

Year of Registration: 1861

Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar

I'm not up to date with your query, but I know it said Wilhelmina Coralie on your other thread.
Mother's Maiden Name: Not available before 1911 Q3

Volume No: Help 1C

Page No: Help 409

ElizabethHerts
20-09-10, 17:04
Off course this can't be the one you are looking for here as she was baptised in 1858, but I thought you might be interested in it anyhow. :o

Sue at the seaside
20-09-10, 17:36
Thanks for looking for this for me, It explains why I didn't already have it! I thought I had all the "direct" ones, I need to revise that to say I have all the direct ones I can find!
I will send for Napoleons cert in it's place, but as we are on reduced income at the mo don't feel I can splash out on Minie's one.

Thanks
Sue

Joan of Archives
20-09-10, 17:58
Are the baptisms not covered in the Parish Records from the LMA on Ancestry at all? It would give you the parent's names but not the mother's maiden name.

Sue at the seaside
20-09-10, 18:32
Are the baptisms not covered in the Parish Records from the LMA on Ancestry at all? It would give you the parent's names but not the mother's maiden name.

Thanks for this, I've got the baptism for her and her siblings where the mother seems to change her name- just a little bit- Her siblings have obvious birth registrations, just not G Grandma! This is the only way I think I could find her mother's maiden name. I'll order her older brother's one

Uncle John
21-09-10, 18:34
There are cases where the GRO index is wrong. I have one (a death) where the surname is recorded as Sidyard instead of Lidyard. FreeBMD wouldn't correct it because they had copied verbatim from the GRO index. I asked the local register office to look for it (South Gloucestershire).

Margaret in Burton
21-09-10, 19:35
There are cases where the GRO index is wrong. I have one (a death) where the surname is recorded as Sidyard instead of Lidyard. FreeBMD wouldn't correct it because they had copied verbatim from the GRO index. I asked the local register office to look for it (South Gloucestershire).

I have a marriage cert where the grooms name is listed as Parks. it is in fact Barks.