PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk - Langham or Hunworth????

Nell
18-09-10, 11:31
Hi

I have ancestors from Langham in North Norfolk. The Norfolk Transcription Archive has many of their baptisms, marriages and burials.

I've been trying to find the Norfolk parish images on familysearch but they seem to have disappeared.

However, doing a search on the beta site, I've found my gt x 4 grandparents John Massingham and Ann/e Cooper (sometimes transcribed Cuper!) with their marriage date and their children's baptisms and burials. All the dates match with the Norfolk Transcription Archive, but instead of Langham, beta site has them occuring in Hunworth.

Hunworth is a few miles south east of Langham but I'd never come across it before.

What is this about? And can I still access the Norfolk parish register images somewhere?

Any help very gratefully received.

JayG
18-09-10, 11:39
The Norfolk PR are still on the pilot familysearch site Nell.

Nell
18-09-10, 11:45
Got it - thanks. I'm on a library computer and I think it was playing up!

Nell
18-09-10, 11:53
Thanks, I've now found the marriage - which was in Langham. No idea why the betasite has Hunworth!

Nell
18-09-10, 12:08
Found John's parents, Frost Massingham & Rebecca Taylor, and their marriage and their baptisms all in Langham, so I doubt if they ever went to Hunworth.

JayG
18-09-10, 12:45
Were they both of the same parish Nell?

I've found banns on the beta site for a few of mine, tho they look like marriages but they're not. Doesn't explain the baptisms & burials you have tho.

Nell
18-09-10, 13:46
They were, Jay. As far as I'm aware they were all living in Langham up to the 1850s when the younger generation moved further afield.

I suppose I ought to go back and check the Hunworth registers just to be on the safe side, but it looks like someone's got their wires crossed somehow.