PDA

View Full Version : Family Search help

Sue from Southend
17-09-10, 10:22
I've found a marriage on the Family Search Record Search - Jos. Moore to Ann Wigg 10 Mar 1742 London, England. And that's all the information it gives apart from these reference nos.

Indexing Project (Batch) Number: I06300-5
System Origin: England-EASy
Source Film Number: 813839
Reference Number: 53
Collection: England Marriages, 1538–1973

Does anyone know how I can find out in what Church this marriage took place?

Anstey Nomad
17-09-10, 10:31
Always interested in Wiggs Sue, especially if they connect back to Brooke in Norfolk - do you know anything about Ann's antecedents?

AN

kiterunner
17-09-10, 10:36
Those I batches are usually taken from some kind of printed index or similar, so it might not be very easy. I'll see if I can find it anywhere else...

Sue from Southend
17-09-10, 10:50
Always interested in Wiggs Sue, especially if they connect back to Brooke in Norfolk - do you know anything about Ann's antecedents?

AN

Sorry An, I've been looking for a possible marriage of Joseph Moore to an Ann for ages and this one just popped up! It's probably not even be my Joseph :(

Sue from Southend
17-09-10, 10:53
Those I batches are usually taken from some kind of printed index or similar, so it might not be very easy. I'll see if I can find it anywhere else...

Thanks Kate

I've looked in the usual places that I have access to with little luck. I thought the reference numbers might be a clue to those in the know - not me obviously!:d

kiterunner
17-09-10, 11:18
You could try on British Origins:
http://www.britishorigins.com/

They list some matches for Ann Wigg on Boyd's Marriage Index but you have to pay to view the entries. You can get a 72 hour sub on there for a few pounds, but of course it may well turn out not to have that particular marriage.

Sue from Southend
17-09-10, 13:22
Thanks Kate, I'll look it up on there one day but wil wait until I've some other stuff to check before I hand over the money!

Sue from Southend
17-09-10, 15:27
Found it!

On BMD Registers - it was a Fleet marriage, he was a "Practitioner" (of what I wonder) and came from Cheshire. Ann came from Westminster apparently. As I suspected it's unlikely that it's my Joseph after all as he was a Brewer's Servant on one his sons Baptisms. Although I s'pose he could be a Practitioner of Serving!