PDA

View Full Version : I shoudl know the answer to this.....

samesizedfeet
10-09-10, 23:45
.....but I am tired and because I've been trying to remember for about 2 hours the solution won't come.

All the parish records that were done by the Federation of Family History Societies that used to have their own website (which I also can't remember the name of - possibly family history online) - well, where will I find them now?

Yours sheepishly.

Z
xx

HarrysMum
11-09-10, 00:06
From what I can work out, Zoe, they are now on FMP.

Looks like they went to FH Online then FMP.

http://www.familyhistoryonline.net/

Mary from Italy
11-09-10, 00:26
Most of them went to FMP, but some FHS's presumably didn't agree to it. The whole of Leicestershire is missing, for example.

samesizedfeet
11-09-10, 00:33
The whole of Leicestershire is missing, for example.

Ach - typically, that's the bit I'm looking for: parish records for Hathern and Loughborough

Thank you for memory jog though, it's all flooding back to me now

Mary from Italy
11-09-10, 00:54
I may be able to find you some burials, if that's any help.

samesizedfeet
11-09-10, 01:01
Possibly, yes.

I have William Keightley born 1814 in Hathern, Leicestershire and I'm struggling to find any other Keightleys from that area who may be connected.

He first married Susannah North born Loughborough c1820 - again struggling to connect people in.

They married in Loughborough in 1840 but by 1845 moved to London where he joined the police force.

I'm doing a tree for someone descended from his 2nd marriage (to Eliza Wales in 1869) so Susannah not a major concern but anything that might help no matter how tenuous would be great, thank you.

Z

p.s. certs not ordered as trying to keep budget down but do realise that's probably my best route

Mary from Italy
11-09-10, 01:12
OK, I'll check my disc in a minute.

If you come across any Norths from Rothley, let me know - that's a major branch of my tree, and it's only about 5 miles from Loughborough.

You might also want to look at the marriages here:

http://leicestershireparishrecords.blogspot.com/2010/04/leicestershire-parish-records.html

There are a few Keightleys, including some from the Loughborough/Hathern area, which you'll find if you do the following Google search:

keightley site:leicestershireparishrecords.blogspot.com

Mary from Italy
11-09-10, 01:15
Do you have a rough date of death for either of them? I see there are numerous William Keightley deaths in the Loughborough reg. district on FreeBMD.

samesizedfeet
11-09-10, 01:36
William Keightley died in Edmonton, Middlesex in 1898.

Mary from Italy
11-09-10, 02:02
Ah, that'd explain why I'm not finding his burial in Leics. :) I take it Susannah died down there as well?

There are quite a few Keightley burials in Loughborough, and a couple in Hathern, but obviously there's nothing to say whether they're connected with your people.

If you're interested in the details, PM me your e-mail address.

Bear in mind that I only have burials from 1813-1891.

samesizedfeet
11-09-10, 02:03
Anything is better than the big nothing I have at the minute.

Thank you - PM on way

WendyPusey
11-09-10, 08:49
FreeREG have some records transcribed for Loughborough.