PDA

View Full Version : Charles House

Morf
10-09-10, 22:02
Name – Charles House

Date and place of birth – Abt 1822. Possibly Quebec, Canada, not sure, never found proof

Names of parents – William House and Sarah Unknown

Date and place of baptism – Don’t know

Details of each of his or her marriages – Elizabeth Watkins. April 1846. Trevethin, Blaenavon, Monmouthshire, Wales

Occupation(s) – Moulder, Gardener, Forge Labourer.

Addresses where they lived –
1841 – Haven’t found him
1851 – Penygarn, Trevethin, Monmouthshire
1861 – Tank Cottage, Trevethin, Monmouthshire
1871 – Harris Land, Trevethin, Monmouthshire
1881 – Chapel House, Blaenavon, Monmouthshire

Date, place and cause of death – April 1888. Union Workhouse, Abergavenny. Apoplexy Paralysis.

Date and place of burial / cremation – Don’t know

Details of will / administration of their estate –

Memorial inscription -

Langley Vale Sue
11-09-10, 08:43
I don't know if you have seen this but there is message on Ancestry attached to the 1851 census for Charles House. It suggests that the bir​th place is supposed t​o be Bristol but his mother-in-law filled in the form and left the birthplace as the same as hers. Apparently C​harles' father w​as stationed in Quebec from 1820​ - 1824 & he reported​ his birthplace as here. His birth year is a​lso his mother-in-law's estimate, n​ot Charles. According to this message later rec​ords show him to be 8 ​years old in 1830.

Morf
11-09-10, 19:52
Thanks Sue.
I have a form that shows the examination of Charles' father William to be allowed to live with his children and wife in Marlborough dated 1830.
He gives Charles' age as being about seven years.
Charles younger brother William was born in Quebec, Canada in 1824, I have the baptism for him, but haven't found anything for Charles.
On his death certificate, his age is given as 71 years (in 1888), so I don't think anyone knew his true age.