PDA

View Full Version : Merry.. you clever girl

Gert in Oz
01-09-10, 03:35
http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5548&highlight=Joseph+Stroud

Joseph Strouds birth cert arrived, remember he was the nephew of Dennis Woodard in 1851, who you thought may have been married to Anna Maria Stroud, in the above thread.

Joseph Stroud
born 20 Feb 1842 4.a.m Idstone parish of Ashbury (wonder if he was a twin)
parents William and Martha Stoud nee Stratford
Williams occupation labourer

Thank you,you have taken me back 2 more generations, just need to find out what happened to William and Martha Stroud now.

Merry
01-09-10, 06:49
Oooh, I remember that - glad it worked out right!

just need to find out what happened to William and Martha Stroud now.

That might be tricky! lol

Gert in Oz
01-09-10, 10:06
Just spent the last couple of hours looking and still can`t find them, beginning to think they had died, maybe thats why theres no baptism for Joseph.

Merry
01-09-10, 19:53
I have two families who emigrated and didn't take all their children........:eek:

JayG
01-09-10, 21:08
Sylvia the certs I have just after civil registration have times on, including some deaths. I've found no trace of twin births, just registrars new at the job!

Merry
02-09-10, 06:01
I doubt he was a twin as there's no other birth reg for another child. Of course he could have been a twin and the other still born, but I think it's just the registrar being over zealous as JayG says.

Gert in Oz
02-09-10, 08:21
Thank you Jay and Merry, will think about emigation, there is also the possibility that William died and Martha remarried soon after, leaving Joseph with Dennis and Anna Maria. Anna Maria died in 1848.