PDA

View Full Version : How do I buy a will??

HarrysMum
29-08-10, 07:13
I've only bought either very early wills from Lancs or downloaded them...

I would like to buy the will of ANN KIRKBY DREW. She died 3 Nov 1889. It's on the probate calendar on Ancestry.

Thanks.

Merry
29-08-10, 07:38
And how did you get the will of Mary Eyre Bompiani??? pmsl!

Normally I would say I'll get you the will from York and you can pay me back, but I don't know if anyone is going to Holborn and might be able to get it straight away (same day) rather than waiting the six weeks (which may well be longer at the mo because of the new access to the index)

Do you have Paypal?

HarrysMum
29-08-10, 07:54
Yes.....I have Paypal.

And this wasn't the MAIN post I needed you to look at........lol

Merry
29-08-10, 08:01
Ooops, sorry - I've not woken up yet!

samesizedfeet
29-08-10, 10:16
I *should* be going back to Holborn on Tuesday.

No promises as I'm on holiday for just 3 days and I may decide on option B which is sitting in the house all day watching Columbo (although I do have a stack of Wills I'm desperate to get anyway so Holborn is most likely).

PM me the details AND the link to the image on ancestry and I'll add it to my list.

Z
x

JBee
29-08-10, 11:04
I lost an envelope of family papers (lent to me by my brother) relating to my uncle who died in 1993 in northeast - it contained his will and various other bits and pieces. I was planning to write to the solicitor but seeing this thread wonder if it'll be cheaper or possible to get a copy of the Will from Probate?

If so how do I go about it? I am in London Wed/Thurs so could go to Holborn (where abouts).

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Merry
29-08-10, 11:26
Here's the address:

Principal Registry of the Family Division,
First Avenue House,
42 - 49 High Holborn,
London WC1V 6NP
Tel 020 7947 6043/6939
Email : [email protected]

and here's some info:

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/cms/1226.htm