PDA

View Full Version : Martha Oakes on familysearch b 1724 Lower Peover /1727 Middlewich

garstonite
27-08-10, 17:57
Hiya...might have found a possible family link...a sister to my Ralph Oakes b 1734 Middlewich...can someone with superior brain (that`s not hard ..lol) have a look for me and explain about the CD 1727 BIRTH PLEASE ????

Someone who has Joseph Sant and Martha Oakes as her 5 x g grandparents has contacted me and has stated she thinks Martha Oakes may be part of my family...so I looked up on Familysearch Advanced Search and found ...TWO possibles for Martha Oakes
5 say (all submitted ) Martha was born 1724 in Lower Peover
1 says Martha Oakes b abt 1727 in Middlewich ..this record is on some sort of CD/Rom
ALL of these records say that Martha Oakes married Joseph Sant...

would some kind soul have a look for me and explain about the CD / Rom record please as I don`t understand the difference ....
they ALL look submitted to me , but why would 5 say b 1724 Lower Peover and ONE say Middlewich in 1727....a little help would be appreciated....thanks very much....
and how can I find if Ralph and Martha were related ?
allan:confused:

kiterunner
27-08-10, 19:01
The CD-ROM would show you the family tree that that particular person has submitted, but I don't think it will give you any useful information since they don't have an exact date for her baptism, nor names of either of her parents.
Why some say 1724 Lower Peover and some say 1727 Middlewich - I guess because nobody has managed to find out where she really came from! There are three Martha Oakes baptisms in Cheshire on the IGI which might be worth looking into - 10 Jan 1723 Prestbury, parents John and Martha, 31 Jan 1726 Astbury, parents Wm and Kath, and 15 Nov 1726 Prestbury, parents Joseph and Sarah.

Have you looked on the FamilySearch Record Search pilot site? They have lots of Cheshire stuff on there.

The marriage to Joseph Sant is supposed to be 3 May 1747 Knutsford, so that might be the best thing to start from.

kiterunner
27-08-10, 19:20
Okay, looking on the pilot site, Martha was buried 8 Jan 1801 Lower Peover but it doesn't give her age. Children Nancy 1767 Lower Peover, Betty buried 1779 Lower Peover and Peggy buried 1780 Lower Peover, sorry, got to get off internet for now!

garstonite
27-08-10, 19:20
Thanks Kiterunner....I must be improving , because I thought all of those records were only possibles......cheers...allan