PDA

View Full Version : If it rains at the weekend - Bodycotes again

Anstey Nomad
27-08-10, 12:27
Henry Bodycote b 1823, by his own account on the censuses, born in the West Indies (probably St Lucia).

He is almost certainly NOT the brother of Charles, born 1821 in Berhampore, Bengal, but he may be the brother of Robert, who also claimed to have been born in the West Indies (again probably St Lucia) c 1821.

Robert said when he got married that his father was Edward, but I haven't figured out which one. Henry's marriage certificate and parish register entry are blank as to a father.

Robert is pretty much a known quantity once the censuses kick in. Henry is more of a problem. We cannot find him on the 1841. He's on the 1851 no problem, but the Henry Bodycote on the 1841 born in Whetstone, Leics, is not him as they both appear separately on the 1851.

My lot, as far as I know, tended to stick to Leicester St Margarets or Leicester St Leonards.

The current situation is that my co-conspirator, who may or may not be related to me as it currently stands, has been to the LDS and they can't find Henry and I am now trying to fathom out their on-line ordering system to see if there is any way we can go any further with this.

If it rains at the weekend and anyone fancies having a look for Henry I'd appreciate it. We'd ideally like to find him with some rellies so we can tie him in somewhere.

Have a good one!

AN

Anstey Nomad
29-08-10, 13:09
Contacted someone on GR who has Henry in his tree, but he can't prove his birth - just took it wholesale from someone else. Ah, that will be the woman who told me that my 3 x great aunt was only 13 when she married her step-father....

Oh dear...

AN

Guinevere
29-08-10, 13:25
I can talk you through LDS ordering, AN

Anstey Nomad
29-08-10, 16:53
Thanks G - you were always my backstop on this.

Welcome back by the way

AN

Guinevere
29-08-10, 16:55
Ta. Research trip went well. I mean holiday, obviously.