PDA

View Full Version : St Lucia

Anstey Nomad
26-08-10, 15:26
Still trying to unscramble the Bodycotes...

Robert says he was born in St Lucia c 1821 and Henry says he was born there c 1823. Both are pretty consistent in that through the censuses.

Robert says his father was Edward - Henry doesn't appear to own up to one. I have not yet located Edward.

I've looked on familysearch and the pilot site and can't come up with any births and I've also looked in the LDS catalog (sic) and can't see anything of any obvious use relating to St Lucia.

I have also looked at the military births on FMP without success.

Has anybody done any research in the Caribbean? Does anybody have any idea where I would go from here? Or is this another Bodycote dead end?

AN

kiterunner
26-08-10, 15:39
You could try Cyndi's List, but I can't see much for St Lucia on there:
http://www.cyndislist.com/caribbean.htm

Looking at the Family History Library Catalogue, even they only have church record indexes for 1751 - 1789.

I did join a Jamaica site a while ago but as far as I know it was Jamaica only, so that isn't going to help, sorry.

Margaret in Burton
26-08-10, 17:04
Would this info be in army records, not records local to St Lucia?

Were the 17th foot in St Lucia at that time?

samesizedfeet
26-08-10, 17:12
If you're struggling to find info I"m willing to travel there at your cost to do the research for you :)

Margaret in Burton
26-08-10, 18:33
If you're struggling to find info I"m willing to travel there at your cost to do the research for you :)

:D:D:d:d

Want company Zoe?

samesizedfeet
26-08-10, 18:40
:D:D:d:d

Want company Zoe?

I will most definitely need someone to help annotate all the records.

I'm pretty sure we can do this bit from the beach though

kiterunner
26-08-10, 18:43
I can't see any likely matches in the Chelsea Pensioners' records on findmypast.

Anstey Nomad
27-08-10, 07:55
*checks flights*

No Marg, the 17 Foot weren't anywhere near St Lucia at that time, they and the original supposed father of both Robert and Henry were in India.

AN