PDA

View Full Version : 1775ish marriage Bucks.

HarrysMum
22-08-10, 10:51
I'm looking for a marriage about 1775 possibly Amersham, Bucks between Nathaniel Ware and Elizabeth ????

There is a submitted entry of FamilySearch for Elizabeth Bunker, and that is "supposed" to be the bride's name, but I'd like to confirm it.

The children all have their births recorded at The Old Baptist Meeting House Chesham from 1777.

I've looked everywhere I can think might have something.

Any ideas??

kiterunner
22-08-10, 10:57
I suppose the obvious thing to do would be to check the Amersham PR's, especially since the IGI entry gives an exact date (28 Sep 1775).

HarrysMum
22-08-10, 11:06
Now for stupid question number 2.........are they online???

I've googled but got nowt...

kiterunner
22-08-10, 11:11
Not sure, but I've had a look on FamilySearch Record Search (pilot site) and the marriage is listed on there, so it must be right.

HarrysMum
22-08-10, 11:13
I've just spent an hour over there..............and found nothing......

Sorry.......I'll go back and re-check.

Thanks.

HarrysMum
22-08-10, 11:22
Found it.............but it only says Amersham........I was hoping for the church, but probably C of E at that time??

ElizabethHerts
22-08-10, 11:34
Found it.............but it only says Amersham........I was hoping for the church, but probably C of E at that time??

It probably means the Parish church, Libby.

However, they are very helpful and if you click the feedback icon in the top right-hand corner you can actually ask them what church this is. I did this for some entries which were just given as "West Yorkshire" and they were able to tell me it was the parish church at Heptonstall.

Joan of Archives
22-08-10, 16:34
Libby once you find out the church, ask Oakumpicker on the Bucks RO lookup thread to have a look for you. Failing that I will try next time I go but it could be a long time lol :)

JessBow
22-08-10, 18:05
Its was probably St Marys, or maybe All Saints

HarrysMum
22-08-10, 21:07
Thank you. I will try that feedback idea. Didn't know about that.

I've never delved into Bucks before....

Joan of Archives
22-08-10, 21:10
If it's any use Libby I may be able to help if it's Aylesbury or Aston Clinton as that's where my lot come from :)

HarrysMum
22-08-10, 21:25
Thanks Joan. I'll let you know...