PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ordered a will lately

JayG
11-09-09, 20:06
Has anyone ordered a will lately, just wondering what the current turn around is.

Thanks

HarrysMum
11-09-09, 22:16
Haven't bought one for a while, Jay, but it was only about 3 weeks from Lancs to Australia by snail mail both directions. I had to post the signed form to them first.

Merry
12-09-09, 07:50
Has anyone ordered a will lately, just wondering what the current turn around is.

Thanks

Where did you order it from? :confused: :)

Mary from Italy
12-09-09, 13:34
I've been ordering mine from Cardiff, and they usually arrive in Italy in about a week.

JayG
12-09-09, 16:37
Where did you order it from? :confused: :)

I've been ordering mine from Cardiff, and they usually arrive in Italy in about a week.

Haven't ordered it yet as have just filled in the form but would send it to York. Do these replies mean I can obtain a copy quicker from another Office? I thought all applications had to got to York :confused:

kiterunner
12-09-09, 16:44
If you don't have the grant type (probate or administration), place and date of grant, then you have to apply to York because that's where they do the searches, but if you have all the details of the grant (i.e. all the stuff in the National Probate Calendar entry), you can get a copy from one of the other main probate offices.

JayG
12-09-09, 17:06
Ah thanks Kate, it just so happens I have all the relevant details, wonder where I got that ;) Thanks again. Hadn't realised copies could be obtained from other offices.

Now which office has the quickest turn around :d

Mary from Italy
12-09-09, 19:55
If you don't have the grant type (probate or administration), place and date of grant, then you have to apply to York because that's where they do the searches, but if you have all the details of the grant (i.e. all the stuff in the National Probate Calendar entry), you can get a copy from one of the other main probate offices.

The first time I sent off to Cardiff I didn't know that, and I didn't have the full details for two of the wills I wanted, only the type, place and year. They e-mailed me to ask if I had the dates, and as I didn't, they sent off to York for them, and sent me the wills. It took a bit longer than usual, but not all that much.