PDA

View Full Version : Christiana Stephenson

kiterunner
08-08-10, 15:50
Name - "official" name and what they were known as Christiana Stephenson, known as Christy
Date and place of birth About 1840, Killyleagh, County Down, Ireland
Names of parents William Stephenson, a farmer, and unknown
Date and place of baptism - if applicable Unknown
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any 12th April 1860 Cleator Church, Cumberland, to Simon Sloper. Witnesses Edward McConnell and Jane Charters.
Occupation(s) - if any Housewife
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on.
Before 1860 probably in Ireland
1861 28 Kirkland Row, Dalry, Ayr, Scotland
1871 - Peter Court, Whitehaven, Cumberland
1881 - Udale Street, Workington, Cumberland
1891 - 8 Pearson Street, Workington, Cumberland
1901 - 52 Peter Street, Workington, Cumberland
1911 - 107 John Street, Workington, Cumberland
Date, place and cause of death 1915 Cockermouth district, not got cause. In 1912, at the age of around 71, she had travelled to Canada with some of her family and returned to England in 1914.
Date and place of burial / cremation. Unknown
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable Unknown
Memorial inscription - if any Unknown

kiterunner
08-08-10, 16:08
I hadn't had a go at those witnesses' names for a while, and look what I've found on FamilySearch Record Search!

Edward McConnell married Margaret Anne Stevenson 28 May 1853 Downpatrick, Down, Ireland; groom's father Francis McConnell, bride's father William Stevenson.

Edit - I now have four siblings for Christiana: Mary Jane born about 1829, Margaret Anne born about 1832, Hans born about 1834 and Michael born about 1836, but I still don't know their mother's name.