PDA

View Full Version : Emma Williams

Langley Vale Sue
28-07-10, 09:55
Emma Williams (OH's MMFM)

Name - "official" name and what they were known as - Emma Williams
Date and place of birth - abt 1833, Wilscote, Oxfordshire
Names of parents - Richard and Mary Williams (nee Neale)
Date and place of baptism - unknown
Details of each of his or her marriages - unknown
Occupation(s) - unknown

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on.
1841 - Williamscote (Wilscote), Wardington, Oxfordshire (with parents & siblings)
1851 - not found
1861 - Wardington, Oxfordshire (with father & siblings & sons)
1871 - not found
1881 - not found
1891 - not found

Date, place and cause of death - possibly June qtr 1892, Brackley reg dist. Cause unknown.
Date and place of burial / cremation. - unknown
Details of will / administration of their estate - unknown
Memorial inscription - unknown

ElizabethHerts
29-07-10, 08:27
So Walter and James Williams are Emma's sons, Sue?

Margaret in Burton
29-07-10, 08:55
Are you saying that she didn't marry and her children were illegitimate or that you don't know the name of her husband?

Langley Vale Sue
29-07-10, 09:58
Elizabeth

James is definitely Emma's son. He is my mother-in-law's grandfather and I have his birth certificate. She doesn't remember Walter, but I assume (dangerous I know!) that he is Emma's as well. Both boys lived with their grandparents (Emma's parents) until James married. Not sure when Walter moved out though without checking, which I'll do later as I don't have them here right now.

Marg

I don't know whether Emma ever married, but certainly there is no father listed on James' birth certificate.

The trouble is it's such a common name and, although the family lived in the Wardington area until James moved to nearby Culworth, Northamptonshire, I have no way of knowing if Emma moved away to marry.

Margaret in Burton
29-07-10, 13:28
Have you found her father in 1851? I can't see him.

It's ok I've found him in 1851 HO107 piece 1734 folio 217 page 3