PDA

View Full Version : missing name on freebmd marriage 1862

garstonite
27-07-10, 06:35
trying to help someone about Liverpool marriage and I`m a little confused..
On the liverpool-genealogy.co.uk site someone cannot find any record of his ancestor BEFORE her marriage..
Edward Clinker married Ada Thompson on 25th August 1862..he has the cert..according to the cert it states
St Michael , Walton on the Hill, Liverpool ,Lancashire
lancsbmd has Toxteth Park , St Michael,Liverpool
freebmd has marriage in West Derby district, but does not have Ada down ....only 3 names ..Edward is there but Ada is not...so I am puzzled about that..birth place ,Muncaster ,Cumberland 1838.
her address on the cert is 8 Perth Street, West Derby, Liverpool..ok so I live in Liverpool and I am supposed to know my own city...but
St Michael, Walton on the Hill , is 5 miles from Toxteth Park...
St Michael ,Toxteth Park is another church - unless the St Michael T/P that I know was not built by 1862..it is known locally as St Michael in the Hamlet ...
can anyone tell me whether Walton on the Hill came under Toxteth Park district in the 1860`s...and why Ada Thompson is not on the freebmd marriage record with Edward in 1862...Ada Thompson father is given as JOSEPH THOMPSON -GENTLEMAN....can`t seem to find Ada prior to her marriage...I presume we are looking for any siblings and the mother of Ada ....any help appreciated.....cheers....allan:)

WendyPusey
27-07-10, 08:21
She's there Ref 8b 694

He's there Ref 8b 697

Have looked at image and the page is 697.

garstonite
27-07-10, 10:52
Thanks very much Wendy.......allan:)