PDA

View Full Version : another brick wall

hobbes
26-07-10, 10:10
I have a Robert Parkington who married Susan Fiske in Stanton suffolk in dec 1828.

Whilst her line is well documented - nobody can find any earlier records for Robert in either Stanton or surrounding parishes.

He was supposed to be born ~1807 according to all the census information and moved between TRoston and Stanton as an ag lab, a miller and a late farm bailiff in 1871 when he was living with his daughter's family

Any ideas how I find his records?

garstonite
26-07-10, 10:18
HIYA ...on familysearch.org 1881 census
Robert Parkington aged 74 b 1807 Stanton,Suffolk Yeoman
Susan Parkington aged 75 Stanton , Suffolk wife
William Oxborrow aged 12 gr/son scholar Stanton Suffolk

is this where you received your info ?
Just letting you know that he states he was born Stanton, ....allan

Phoenix
26-07-10, 10:58
I would be looking at the other Parkingtons in the area, and seeing if I can find baptisms for any of them.

Have you looked in the nonconformist records? Who are the witnesses to his marriage?

hobbes
27-07-10, 08:01
Hi

I haven't yet got a copy of the marriage certificate. I'm about to send off an order to the suffolk register office. How do I look at non-conformist churches? and which is the best way to look for other Parkington baptisms..I know familysearch would require a first name

WendyPusey
27-07-10, 09:47
They were married (on Familysearch)

28 DEC 1828 Stanton,St John Baptist, , Suffolk

kiterunner
31-07-10, 11:00
If you haven't already sent off, please note that Suffolk register office won't have a copy of the marriage certificate as it was before 1837 - you would need Suffolk record office.

hobbes
01-08-10, 09:39
thanks for the heads up - i'll be sending off in the next couple of days. Thanks for all your help with this