PDA

View Full Version : Baptisms for Lichfield area - anyone got a CD with them on?

Margaret in Burton
04-07-10, 11:29
Cousin's tree again!

I have George Harvey on the 1841 census aged 60. He's dead by 1851 (inconsiderate!) He is from Staffordshire. Him and his wife married in 1809 at St Michael's, Lichfield (Family Search Record Search).

There is a baptism for a George Harvey in Rugeley in 1783 but who knows if that's him. :(

I can't a baptism about 1781 in the Lichfield area for him or a burial to get his correct age.

Does anyone have a CD for Lichfield area with anything useful on?

Mary from Italy
04-07-10, 19:42
I've checked St. Michael's Lichfield; his marriage to Kitty Johnson is there, but there are no baptisms in his name before that date. The marriage was by licence, so the marriage allegation might give more information. I assume it'll be at Lichfield, but I seem to remember that some are at Derby RO.

I've also checked Shenstone, but the only baptism's much too early (1726). I found the baptism (1817) and marriage (1841) of George and Catherine Harvey's son William Johnson Harvey there, if you're interested. George is shown as a gardener in the baptism register and a farmer in the marriage register.

The only burial listed for George Harvey is at St. Michael's, Lichfield on 6th May 1848, age 71, abode Shenstone, so it could well be him.

I don't have records for the other Lichfield churches, I'm afraid.

Margaret in Burton
04-07-10, 19:50
Thank you Mary

I have a lot from the Family Search Record Search site.

I didn't have George's occ from the baptism and marriage reg. That burial could well be him, at least it's only 4 years out from the 1841, highly plausable.

Mary from Italy
04-07-10, 19:55
Yes, bearing in mind that ages were rounded in 1841, it seems like a good bet.