PDA

View Full Version : James Gill Fenton

samesizedfeet
02-07-10, 20:14
Yes, sorry, it's my Fentons again.

Death certificate received this morning for James Gill Fenton in Stratford Upon Avon 1838.

I bought it purely on the off chance he'd be related to the whole bunch of Xxxx Gill Fentons I have that I can't connect to Henry John (Gill) Fenton.

To my surprise it's the other way round as the informant on the certificate is Henry John Gill Fenton.

So now I have the bit between my teeth about connecting the two families together.

Death certificate dated 2nd June 1838 gives James' age as 75 years an 4 days - so a birth date of 28th May 1763.

I got the baptism record of Henry off IGI Pilot and it says: "Henry John Fenton of B Castle born Jan 25th bapd Feb 12th

5th son of James Fenton Stage Player Nat of Wymbourne Dorsetshire by his Caroline Godwin Nat of Kidderminster Worcestershire"

So, does anyone have any CDs etc stashed away that would cover Wimborne in Dorset or Thame, Oxfordshire which is the birthplace given by the other James Gill Fenton.

tyia

Zoe

Uncle John
02-07-10, 20:30
Makes you wonder which is B Castle. Bishops Castle and Barnard Castle spring to mind, but who knows where a thespian might end up?

samesizedfeet
02-07-10, 20:32
Sorry - that's me not explaining fully as I have dinner on.

It's Barnard Castle in Durham - but as far as I can tell they were just passing through.

Uncle John
02-07-10, 20:39
Carolina Godwin's bap is on the IGI (Batch C043951) 13 Sep 1775, Kidderminster. parents James and Elizabeth.

But possibly a different person - a bit young for your one.

samesizedfeet
02-07-10, 20:46
Carolina Godwin's bap is on the IGI (Batch C043951) 13 Sep 1775, Kidderminster. parents James and Elizabeth.

But possibly a different person - a bit young for your one.

No - that's perfect in fact. She would be the wife of James c1763 and if John Henry is the 5th son in 1808 that gives her plenty of time.