PDA

View Full Version : Ancestry discounts

Just Gillian
02-07-10, 09:00
I received an email from Ancestry yesterday offering me 25% off an Ancestry.com membership. I had only ever had the 14 day free trial for Ancestry.com. My Ancestry.co Premium membership expired a couple of months ago and their best offer at that time was a 10% discount for renewal so I had to let it lapse.

I've just phoned and mentioned their .com 25% offer and they agreed immediately to apply the same discount to a renewal of my Premium package. I didn't have to quote any details from the .com email so, for anyone who, like me, was waiting in hope for an email offering a bigger discount, it may be worth giving them a ring and mentioning the 25% .com offer that is around.

Also, for those who ordered FTM 2010 with the 6 months free worldwide access (thanks Heather) and haven't activated it yet - the woman said that it could, if desired, be used to negotiate a discount for an Ancestry.co.uk annual membership instead.

Uncle John
02-07-10, 13:31
Also, for those who ordered FTM 2010 with the 6 months free worldwide access (thanks Heather) and haven't activated it yet - the woman said that it could, if desired, be used to negotiate a discount for an Ancestry.co.uk annual membership instead.

Too late, too late, the maiden cried.

Just Gillian
02-07-10, 17:01
I only asked about the FTM offer after I had paid my discounted Premium sub Uncle John so I'm saving the FTM offer for next July. Of course, if it's any consolation, there's no guarantee it will be a good discount.