PDA

View Full Version : Cole Clergy in Australia

KiwiChris
26-06-10, 06:10
I thought I would post these two here in case they are yours Di. Save myself some work if you have information!

Alan Ernest Cole b NSW 11 October 1920 d Jan 2001
I need parents names and wife's parents

Bertie Stanley Cole b 1877 Alverstock Hants. Married Qld 1911 I think, Mary Ann Monaghan

marquette
26-06-10, 07:30
Hi Christine

Sorry, no. I am fairly sure they are not ours. All the Cole clergy were born in Harow Middlesex (Thomas Cornelius Cole) or Victoria (Charles Kingsley Cole, Alfred James Cole). But I will see if I have any notes about Alan or Bertie.

Di

marquette
26-06-10, 11:00
Bertie Stanley Cole married Mary Ann Monaghan in Qld in 1911, they had two children listed in the Qld Births before 1914. Bertie died in 1958, his parents listed as George John Cole and Emma Louisa Fraser. George John is not one of our Coles, either. There are lots of photos and stuff on Rev Bertie on Ancestry.

Rev Alan Cole is not one of ours either, I cannot find anything on his birth, but the Ryerson Index lists 4 death/funeral/obits for 2001. I could look at the SMH microfilms if it would help. I can see two entries on Ancestry in the NSW Electoral Rolls for him, perhaps he might be living at home with his parents - but my sub has just expired and I cannot look at the images to see !!

KiwiChris
27-06-10, 05:13
Thanks Di, I have found Alan on the electoral roll and he is with probably his father, I have traced him back and found him with his wife, so I now have their marriage in 1912.

It is all a bit recent to find much more online. Now off to look for Bertie!