PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling Ancestry subs

Joan of Archives
25-06-10, 19:35
My sub runs out tomorrow, on my account it says 26th June 2009 to 26th June 2010, should I cancel today or tomorrow? :confused:

Uncle John
25-06-10, 19:42
Deffo today. Mine said 23 June and that was the first day of no access. I'm now waiting for my FTM World edition so I can renew.

Joan of Archives
25-06-10, 19:52
Ok thanks Uncle John, I will ring them now. I am a bit cross because I can't access everything as Ancestry is playing up at the mo :(

Is it true that you can no longer access your shoebox once the sub runs out? I have most records printed or saved but I bet there are one or two I missed!

Joan of Archives
25-06-10, 20:07
Oh dear their phone line is now closed :(

I can cancel online, is that ok to do that or will they cut my sub straight away? Or shall I ring tomorrow at 9 am & pray they haven't taken my money yet?

Breckland Jane
25-06-10, 20:20
I shouldn't worry too much. I was two days late cancelling mine (online) but they didn't take any money.

Jane

Mary from Italy
25-06-10, 20:54
I can cancel online, is that ok to do that or will they cut my sub straight away? Or shall I ring tomorrow at 9 am & pray they haven't taken my money yet?

I don't think they cancel it immediately, as far as I remember - it should continue until it actually expires.

Margaret in Burton
25-06-10, 21:01
I cancelled online, I think it's easier

Uncle John
25-06-10, 21:48
I cancelled mine a week or so before the expiry date, and it just ran on until then. But the end date shown is actually the first day of the new sub.

Rachel
25-06-10, 23:02
I cancelled mine online quite a while before it ran out and there was no problem.
I still had access to everything until expiry date.

Not sure if this makes sense ~ very sleepy

Lynn the Forest Fan
26-06-10, 06:40
It does make sense Rachel :) I cancelled mine a couple of days bewfore but had access until the date given. I do miss it though, but can't justify the expense at the moment. :(

Joan of Archives
26-06-10, 08:16
Well I've done it & I rang just now & it's definitely been canceled, so I feel like I've lost my right arm ;(;(;(

borobabs
26-06-10, 08:25
Cor you can tell all the ones who jumped on the good Aus deal last year carnt you , I had to cancel mine on the 24th as it ran out on 25th ;;;least I have the 6 months free from the platinum 2010 FTM to fall back on , which reminds me must reg it when I get back in later ;;

Margaret in Burton
26-06-10, 09:12
I got the 6 month freebie with FTM 2010. That ran out 16th June. I saved birthday money for a new sub and OH has a money back site he uses http://www.topcashback.co.uk/home

That gives 25% back for Ancestry.co.uk. He's registered with his email address this time.

Take a look at http://www.topcashback.co.uk/home, it really does give loads of savings. He's already had one payout and has saved loads more. We aren't allowed to do any online shopping unless we look to see if the place is listed there.:D:D

Rachel
26-06-10, 09:15
It does make sense Rachel :) I do miss it though, but can't justify the expense at the moment. :(

Me toooooooo Lynn
I took out a 6 month sub to FMP and that ends in a couple of weeks :eek: then what shall I do ??????????.... oh woe, a thousand times woe ;(

Oooo Hello Marg ~ will look at your link
I think quidco has an offer too but I've never used any of the money back wotsits

Joan of Archives
26-06-10, 16:11
Thanks Marg I have a Topcashback account so maybe I could renew through them.

Babs is FTM Platinum any good? I may get one of those instead as I only have FTM 2006 at the moment so am a bit antiquated lol! :d

Margaret in Burton
26-06-10, 17:24
Joanie

I have FTM 2010, have to use it no choice now on Windows 7 and 2006 doesn't work properly on that.

I am very slowly getting used to it but I do prefer 2006. The layout is totally different.

Joan of Archives
26-06-10, 19:10
Thanks Marg, can I run both programmes at the same time do you know?

borobabs
26-06-10, 21:21
Joan I dont like 2010 its as bad as 08 and 09 versions slow and clunky for me ,. also the merge thing wont work right keeps asking me to sign in all the time , did it 4 times this afty and gave up with it , only got it for the ancestry anyway will stick with 06

Margaret in Burton
26-06-10, 21:30
Joanie

yes you can run them both side by side, one doesn't overwrite the other.

Babs

I have no choice, 2006 doesn't work properly with Windows 7

borobabs
26-06-10, 22:01
I know Marg and I think its terrible that they dont bring out patch to get it to work , no they want us all to buy the new versions which dont work anything as well as the 2006 one ;;even grandie said today oh nana thats the one that takes ages to open isnt it ;;;says no more lol

Margaret in Burton
26-06-10, 23:14
It's not just it takes ages to open, it isn't as easy to navigate.

borobabs
27-06-10, 12:25
Nope thats very true Marg and they say this is the better version than 2008/09 haha they want to use it its about as good as there new search part on ancestry a step backward not forward ;;