PDA

View Full Version : Post 1858 wills.

HarrysMum
18-06-10, 21:57
I have put this question in a few places, so please don't feel you have to answer all of them....lol

Please type the answer slowly in plain English....lol.....I'm doing all sorts of things at the moment and the brain is worse than usual...

I've got loads of wills but all are pre 1858 so I've only had to find one later one, and Merry got it for me.

I have used the FMP free time and found a couple of people who had wills and I'd like them.

These records are one the FMP GWR Shareholders records.

Miss Hannah Matilda CLARK (sorry)
Date of Death 24 Jan 1876 (there is another date of 8 Feb 1876, think it's probate)
Place Bristol
Reference Vol 22 Folio 79 Entry 17172 Column 7

Next one....

Mrs Lucretia ARIEL (double sorry)
Date of Death 9 Mar 1889 (the orher date on that one is 29 Mar 1889)
Place Bristol
Reference Vol 46 Folio 143 Entry 669 Column 3

I have no idea what all the references mean.....but I'd love to know how I get these two wills (from Australia).

Thank you.

kiterunner
18-06-10, 22:05
You can order them from the Probate Sub-Registry at York:

This site gives you the information about how to order:

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/cms/1226.htm]

And if you click on "Forms and Guidance" at the top left of the screen, then download form PA1S, that is the one you will need.

HarrysMum
18-06-10, 22:10
Thanks Kite.......

Is that info above enough to order them??? I did have a quick look around at the site you put up....

kiterunner
18-06-10, 22:13
If you put their name, date of death, and the place (Bristol) and date that probate was granted it will be enough. If you're not in a hurry I could check the National Probate Calendar next time I get the chance to call in at the Notts Archives and that will give you their address and where they died as well.

Mary from Italy
20-06-10, 15:08
Kite, when might you have time to look at the Probate Calendar?

I seem to have found something I think Libby's going to be very interested in :)

Joan of Archives
20-06-10, 15:50
*Forms a queue* :)

Kite would you mind having a look for me too? (Probate) Thanks ;)

HarrysMum
20-06-10, 18:05
Kite, when might you have time to look at the Probate Calendar?

I seem to have found something I think Libby's going to be very interested in :)

I wake up at 4am, can't get back to sleep, pop in here to relax and see THIS!!!!

Mary..............???????

PS............Those records above had the date of death and I think the other dates were probate.

kiterunner
20-06-10, 18:16
I'm hoping to go into town tomorrow, so if I do I should be able to call in at the archives and have a quick look.

HarrysMum
20-06-10, 18:25
Kite............thanks muchly....

Would you possibly be able to check...

Osmond De B Brock died Nov 1947 (there will be a will......he was Admiral of the Fleet)

and his father Osmond Brock died 1875 Bristol.

If you need any more info, just yell.

Thank you.

Mary from Italy
20-06-10, 19:18
I wake up at 4am, can't get back to sleep, pop in here to relax and see THIS!!!!

Mary..............???????

Sorry, I had to go out - I didn't think you'd be up so early :)

I've just realised that what I've found doesn't belong on this thread, because it's pre-1858, so won't be in the Probate Calendar.

Give me a minute and I'll start a new thread.

kiterunner
21-06-10, 15:51
Here are the details from the National Probate Calendar:

1875 BROCK Osmond De Beauvoir Effects under £5,000
17 August. The Will of Osmond De Beauvoir Brock formerly of Clifton in the City of Bristol but late of 1 Manilla-crescent Weston-super-Mare in the County of Somerset a Retired Commander in Her Majesty's Royal Navy who died 24 July 1875 at Aldbourne Villa 4 Clifton-park Clifton was proved at the Principal Registry by Lucretia Jenkins Brock of 1 Manilla-crescent Widow the Relict the sole executrix.

1876 CLARK Hannah Matilda - Effects under £7,000
8 February. Administration (with the Will) of the effects of Hannah Matilda Clark late of Lansdown Villa Clifton in the City of Bristol Spinster who died 24 January 1876 at Lansdown Villa was granted at Bristol to Lucretia Ariel of Lansdown Villa Widow the sister the Residuary Legatee for Life.

1889 ARIEL Lucretia - Personal Estate £2,826 5s 7d.
29 March. The Will of Lucretia Ariel late of Lansdown Villa Clifton in the City of Bristol Widow who died 9 March 1889 at Lansdown Villa was proved at Bristol by Myles Ariel Clark of 5 Claremont-crescent Weston-super-Mare in the County of Somerset Solicitor the Nephew and William Wreford Brown of 5 Litfield-place Clifton Esquire the Executors.

1948 BROCK Sir Osmond de Beauvoir GCB, KCMG, KCVO of St. Ann's Links-road Winchester died 14 October 1947 Probate London 17 January to Mavorn Baldwin Philip Francklin commander RN and Hugh William Farmar civil servant. Effects £21512 4s 1d.

HarrysMum
22-06-10, 12:12
Thank you very much Kite.