PDA

View Full Version : I have 2 hours free...possible Garston Oakes but may still be alive

garstonite
11-06-10, 07:18
Good morning...sadly I have to go to my old schoolmates Funeral for 11am ...So I have 2 hours free...last night I was told of a woman b in Garston ,named Oakes...she is NOT on my tree...but I don`t know if her name is her real name or a nickname....if anyone has a little time could they PM me and reply if they think this name is real or a nickname....I only know this name as a girls comic in the 1950`s....typical man....allan:(

garstonite
11-06-10, 08:34
Through PM`s with Kiterunner ( Kate) I have made a connection....
THANK YOU SO MUCH KATE...in a nutshell....my GG Grandfathers eldest brothers grandaughter......so there is a connection.....and it was just in passing that a friend of mine said....didn`t you know that *****`s wife was an Oakes ?....I`ve know her husband for about 20 years....what a result....thanks again Kate...you are a star...on a sad day for me , you have cheered me up....allan....this thread can be closed later....after everyone has seen the great work from Kiterunner.........allan