PDA

View Full Version : Who had the Fishy family

samesizedfeet
10-06-10, 21:25
I know the tale of Fish Fish should be etched on my brain but I've had a hard day.

Anyway - I'm going through Norfolk parish records (currently in Dickleburgh) and there are some Fishes so need to know if I should make notes for whoever it was.

Z
x

Olde Crone
10-06-10, 21:48
Zoe

Twas I with Fish Fish!

However, please don't concern yourself with collecting up any Fish as my interest is only in Lancashire Fish, lol and I have more than enough of them.

Thanks for the thought though!

OC

samesizedfeet
10-06-10, 23:04
very fortunate as the kindly Rector of Dickleburgh spent the 1700s recording baptisms as "a son of" rather than bothering with piffling things like names

samesizedfeet
10-06-10, 23:05
Although he helpfully noted all the boys born to Robert Green who had been given the first name Green

There are about 5 Green Green baptisms but only one burial

Finbar
10-06-10, 23:24
Twas I with Fish Fish!

Ye Gods OC, I thought I was the only one to have had dealings with Fish Fish, and Eccles Eccles, both in Darwen as I recall. :D

Olde Crone
11-06-10, 07:30
Finbar

Oh, I take it you haven't collided with Fish Fish Fish yet, then, lol! (Nor Holden Holden, Lord Holden, Shepherd Holden, Fish Holden, Holden Fish and so on, ad infinitum).

OC

Lancashire Lady
11-06-10, 10:19
I've just come across a Metcalfe Metcalfe (not a rellie) in North Yorks.

Metcalfe is one of the common surnames in this area, as are Calvert, Alderson, Spensley, Cherry, Kearton and Peacock amongst others.

Consequenty there are loads of surnames used as first names (as eg Cherry Kearton b 1871, who is MALE, and another couple of Cherrys, also male.)

I've also seen a Pratt Cherry (and a few other Pratts) but no Pratt Pratt LOL.

Finbar
11-06-10, 12:10
Finbar

Oh, I take it you haven't collided with Fish Fish Fish yet, then, lol! (Nor Holden Holden, Lord Holden, Shepherd Holden, Fish Holden, Holden Fish and so on, ad infinitum).

OC

Hi OC,

I happened on Fish Fish a few years ago, while researching the Eccles and Duerden clans in the Darwen and Hoddlesden areas. :D

Merry
11-06-10, 13:22
I'm still waiting for someone to locate my Millwood Millwood, likely born within 20 years of 1800 (either way! lol), somewhere in the south east of England. I live in hope......

Olde Crone
11-06-10, 14:45
Finbar

If you need any more help with your Darwen ancestors, I belong to a small site dedicated to Darwen people and there are one or two excellent researchers on there.

OC

Finbar
11-06-10, 14:52
Finbar

If you need any more help with your Darwen ancestors, I belong to a small site dedicated to Darwen people and there are one or two excellent researchers on there.

OC

Many thanks for the kind offer OC. :)

My research over there was on behalf of a friend, some years ago.
I soon found that everyone in Darwen, Hoddlesden and Pickup Bank had either the surname Duerden or Eccles. If by some strange chance they didn't, they were almost certain to be a Duckworth or Walsh. :D

Merry
11-06-10, 15:13
*wonders if Hoddlesden is a derivative of Holden?* :rolleyes:

Olde Crone
11-06-10, 15:32
That's been suggested before now, Merry, lol! Holden's Den, some say.....

OC