PDA

View Full Version : Deleted expletives!

Nell
08-06-10, 17:33
Gave up on the Marsdens for the time being and turned to the Robinses. Priscilla Marsden and James Robins had 12 children. Only recently found baptims for two of them, misrecorded in parish registers as Roberts and Robinson!

But I've found 3 sons, all baptised, who disappear. No likely deaths or burials or marriages or census sightings. Doesn't help that the family - apart from the two eldest girls - are missing on 1841 census so I can only assume these are infant deaths, died before civil registration in 1837. Curses!

Nell
08-06-10, 17:34
Sorry, this isn't a question. Just a complaint!

samesizedfeet
08-06-10, 17:38
You complain away. It's what we're here for.

If it's any consolation I spent 3 hours last night tracing a man called George Bland who was left money in a *possible* relatives Will. I was hoping he might lead to some of the missing members of the Benson family and give me a clue if Thomas Benson's niece is my 4 x great grandmother.

I now have to painstakingly remove his children and grandchildren from my tree one by one as I added them to keep track of what I was doing.

And I'm STILL clueless about the Bensons

Nell
08-06-10, 18:56
Zoe

You have my sympathies. I am sure many of us have had to lop off branches and twigs from our trees and find ourselves looking at droopy saplings instead of blossom!

The Robins' are exasperating too. One of them marries a Marsden, but her father seems to be unconnected with Priscilla and the others I know of. Two marry into the Carlier family and then one of the Carliers marries a Casbard and a Robins marries a Casbard. I think they do it to be confusing.

Oh, and the 12 Robins children were all baptised, but I found one recorded as Robinson, one as Roberts (!), three as Robbins and one as Rolins!

The biggest gripe is that they just aren't on 1841 census, its maddening.